GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving I-90 the other day, the blower on my 2003 2500 HD started making some mild whooshing sounds. I turned the fan off then back on and there was no air movement at all or fan noise regardless of fan setting...you could barely feel cold or heat depending on the temp setting, but no air movement. The next day, the AC was on whether the switch was on or not...only way to keep it decent temp was to crank the heat up. That night the batteries drained completely. Charged the batteries and the last two days the AC is working only when the switch is on, there's no fan noise, batteries are staying charged...all good for the moment. The compressor cycles about every 6 seconds at idle. Anybody have any experience or suggestions with this one?? Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Start by locating and cleaning the grounds I've got an 05 sierra that's possessed.
I did the ground thing and added one by the fuel tank. Works for now. Check the in cab filter they never get changed, could be the blower is going out on thermo from no air flow.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Probably definitely a bad blower motor, especially if you can kick the underside of the passenger dash and make it work again lol not too much of a pain to change out but one of the screws is pretty unpleasant to get to.............

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the ideas gents! Looks like I'm headed for a new blower motor and in-cab filter. Until then, I'll limber up my kicker! :LOL: Am still curious why the AC would be on when the AC switch is off though....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts