GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered helpers. now i need to control them.
i have a compressor laying around. so i dont need one. its new, never used it.

i want to do exactly what this kit does.
http://www.onboard-air.com/Air-Werkz-Load-Leveling-Compressor-Kit-1-Way-Control.html

anyway i could piece a kit together. or can you explain everything included? why do i need the 6 bolt billet block?
also where does the pressure switch go?

how does it control the dump? i see no valve.

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
A simple setup would be the compressor into a T then get 2 valves, one to dump one to fill. You can buy 4 valves if you want control over them separately. You can easily add a gauge if you wanted to as well

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Exactly what Rick said, I would recommend a dual needle gauge so you know how much pressure is in each bag. I would also do 4 valve so that you don't have shift in air from bag to bag that you will get with only 2 valves.

At least that's what I am doing with mine

Edit: You can also just buy everything from the link separately. I would check out avs website

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A simple setup would be the compressor into a T then get 2 valves, one to dump one to fill. You can buy 4 valves if you want control over them separately. You can easily add a gauge if you wanted to as well
My thoughts was compressor on a switch. Flip switch and it fills bags. Two t fittings. One goes to dump one to gauge and one to a valve to dump. So compressor comes on/fills bags and gauge reads air in bags. And a valve to release air.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
http://www.viaircorp.com/OnRoad/Parts/92820.html

Says used to connect compressors, air lockers, or other pneumatic items. You would send a hose from the compressor to the billet port, and then run the hoses off of there to the bags and gauge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts