GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for my 96 vortec 5.7 with a dumped exhaust?

P4240066.jpg

P4240067.jpg

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, just wanted to check cause the one that came with my airiad kit is about twice that size, thanks

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all i need now is my cowl hood and some kind of sealed air box

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Hey since you've got that right there with you could you measure the opening in the bottom where the intake tubes goes into it for me?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont need to measure it, its 3.5" inside diameter

if you need bigge or smaller, their website lets you look filters up by dimension

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Ok cool. My civic needs a new filter and Im going to make a CAI out of some scrap stainless and a rubber coupler instead of droping $50+ on the same thing I have at the shop.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool

what insde diam do you need?

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
i had a k/n filter on my tahoe that was really small about 4 4 inches round and 5 inches long. I was getting worst gas milage than i was with the stock filter so i put a big huge filter on from autozone and my throttle response and gas milage went up. I would think more CFM the better, more airflow.

·
insainiac
7 Posts
Can you replace your factory filter with something like this? without problems

·
flight medic
1,457 Posts
yep i had to run a filter about that size on my 5.7 ram for about 1 week till my new one came in cause i made a hole in it and that little filter didnt carry enough flow even though it said it allowed enough it didnt my truck was acting all kinda stupid with it, i would look into the longer one that came with the kit should beable to find it at the autozone or autoparts store.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Pull the factory vortec airbox lid, delete the air silencer and replace the paper filter with a K&N or highflow replacement filter.

Seems like the search function was used to dig up an old thread?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts