GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we are a new vendor on the forum, we want to offer a little something to the members. We are going to offer Free Shipping on all Air Lift helper bags for the rest of the month.

BONUS OFFER: If you also order a VIAIR onboard air system with your helper bags, we will take 5% off the VIAIR onboard air system.

If you don't see what your looking for on our site, because we are constantly adding product, please feel free to PM us, and we will provide you with a quote.

Enter Code: GMFS to get this offer!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just added kits for 99-06 GM trucks, and everything has free shipping over $150. If you need, I can put together a kit for you to make sure you get everything you need.

Also, we sell VIAIR dual packs, for you air bagged guys.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have an 07 nnbs ccsb 4x4 with a fabtech lift. It is sitting pretty Cali right now and I want to level it out and be able to support a trailer in the future. Will helper air bags do the trick for me without ruining my ride quality? I was looking at the airlift ride control 59565. And a cheap compressor. Would this do the trick?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That part number your looking for is the one to go with, and would recommend since you have a lift. These bags bolt to your leaf springs, so as long as you are using a block to lift the rear, you will be set.

If your using this to level out the rear of the truck when not towing, then it will effect your ride quality. Because you have to run air in the bags to lift the back, it will create a harsher ride when not loaded. But, if your truck is loaded down when towing, the pressure in the bags won't effect the ride because of the extra weight caused by the trailer. If that all makes sense.

Now, I would recommend going with a taller lift block in the back, in order to lift the rear. Then use the bags to level the truck out when you tow. This way, you can leave the air out of the bags when driving normally, and not effect the ride.

Rear bags: $240
Rear bags & onboard air system to control the bags: $532
Rear bags & onboard air system to control the bags & fill 35" tires: $702

Lift block typically run about $50, for a good brand. You don't want those things breaking on you...

- David

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
This way, you can leave the air out of the bags when driving normally, and not effect the ride.
dont you have to run at least 5psi in helper bags at all times??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you do, I just said no pressure, meaning he won't need 60 PSI in there to lift the back if he has a block.

The 5 PSI is almost like nothing :happy3:, but that little bit won't effect ride at all.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Yes, you do, I just said no pressure, meaning he won't need 60 PSI in there to lift the back if he has a block.

The 5 PSI is almost like nothing :happy3:, but that little bit won't effect ride at all.
I'm aware, just wanted to make sure some guys dont completely un-air their bags and ruin them!

·
Registered
223 Posts

This is how it sits now. I keep a full size spare in the bed at all times and the tonneau cover on so there will always be a bit of weight in the rear. I want to use the bags to level it when not towing also, but you are saying that it will be a rough ride? Oh and my driveway is an illusion, it is only like 1" lower in the rear.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, because you will have to run appx. 60 PSI to lift the rear an inch, that will stiffen the ride a little. I would recommend just going with a 1" taller block. Do you know how tall of block you have now?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes, because you will have to run appx. 60 PSI to lift the rear an inch, that will stiffen the ride a little. I would recommend just going with a 1" taller block. Do you know how tall of block you have now?
Yes I have a rough country 6.5" anti wrap block. I don't really want to use add a leafs because I think they will make it ride rougher but it looks like that is my only option right now. Oh well. Thanks for your time and information.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even though your lift is a 6.5" rough country, I highly doubt the block is that tall in back. If you are able to, measure the height of the lift block. From there, I can get you a 1" taller one, then add the bags. Let me know.... you have options.

·
Hillbilly
1,525 Posts
Even though your lift is a 6.5" rough country, I highly doubt the block is that tall in back. If you are able to, measure the height of the lift block. From there, I can get you a 1" taller one, then add the bags. Let me know.... you have options.
The lift is a rough country 7.5 the rear comes with a 6.5" block I had one as well. I'm now running a 4" block and HD springs and I still sit 2" lower in the rear

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize they provide that tall of a block with the kit, and actually surprised it still sits low in the back.

OP, the only option then is to run a add-a-leaf, which there are some that don't effect ride. Let me know if your interested. Then you can just use that as your extra support when towing, and not have to go with the bag setup.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
How much for a kit for my 08 duramax that has 6" lift? Was looking at the load lifter 5000 and maybe the wireless system

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a fabtech kit in the front and a 6.5" block in the rear.

I bought this block specifically so I wouldn't need aal's. So much for that! So I lifted the front about 7" over stock and the rear 5 1/4" over stock.

** sorry I didn't read all the way down to see that had been clarified. I'll pm you. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I sell a complete setup that is bags, onboard air system and firestone load controller. In my opinion, the wireless system is a little pricey, and for a better price you can get the VIAIR system with a little larger compressor and the 2 gallon tank. Using the 2 gallon tank, it will fill the bags faster initially because of the stored air in the tank.

Silverado LMM Load Leveling Kit

That kat uses the Firestone bags, but I can sell you the same setup but with the Airlift, for the same price. THe Airlift will work with the lift, because it attached to your leaf springs, not the axle. You have the rear lifted using blocks, right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts