GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if i was seeing things or not, maybe someone could help.. i believe it was a 2012 sierra denali hd. On the upper left corner of the passenger side front fender was a small rectangular shaped air intake grille, similar to those seen on many modern vehicles. I always wanted to do a mod like this, to get more air into the engine. So, is this a mod or is it stock...?:think: thanks..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jared, thank you. That looks like an esky or maybe a yukon or something, but yes thats exactly what i want. Have you seen this on a truck?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ummm.. ok. but im more into the performance aspect of this grille. Can anyone help..?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Considering the air boxes are in the front of the engine bay...I don't see them having any effects on performance. Pretty sure that looks like the stick on ones you can get from Stylin Concepts too...

·
Banned
6,337 Posts
In theory they help release warm air produced by the engine, but I can't see it dissipating enough to consider that ugly shit.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
In theory they help release warm air produced by the engine, but I can't see it dissipating enough to consider that ugly shit.
This,
The amount of heat they get rid of is minimal, not enough to effect stock performance.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
you will not get .001 hp

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,914 Posts
Just get a CAI and just stop now. No more ideas from you :crazy:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
If you want something similar to that style of intake then look into the Volant CAI, I've seen them have some sort of duct that goes behind the lower grill or something like that.

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,914 Posts
Yeah they have one that runs down to the tow hook iirc. I wouldnt mind having that if i had a Volant CAI instead of K&N....

·
Really name Tanner but people call me Betty! ha!
1,884 Posts
Im sure that's good at sucking up water, if you ever went of road air intake tube right by the tow hook.

·
How Do U Suck?
674 Posts
Especialluy considering the Sheetmetal of the outer fender doesnt connect to the engine bay at all, so good luck getting heat through the structural Frame and Fenderwell that seperates the skin from the Engine bay.

DO people even think about the questions they ask, before asking them?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Here's the Volant setup that I had mentioned. In theory it would be better than a regular style CAI, but not that much better than the stock airbox to justify the price tag.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I like my volant, I own 2...never a drop of water in the airbox, even after a ton of rain and accidentally slamming into a pool of water about 50mph. checked, but I was good haha.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I like my volant, I own 2...never a drop of water in the airbox, even after a ton of rain and accidentally slamming into a pool of water about 50mph. checked, but I was good haha.
Yeah the only way I see water getting way up in there is if the entire duct is submerged in water. Other than that, they're cool IMO if you have the extra $$

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah they have one that runs down to the tow hook iirc. I wouldnt mind having that if i had a Volant CAI instead of K&N....
i got the k&n cai too. Not really worried about disapating heat, just wondering if there were any ideas of how to get more air into the fender....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts