GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I am going to start towing my grandsons car to the race tracks this summer, and I was looking at getting an Air Lift helper air bag kit for my 2000 Sierra 4x4 with a Bell Tech 2/4 drop. Does anybody have part numbers for kits that will fit my application? Is anyone towing with a lowered 4x4 on helper bags using Air Lift or any other brand? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Chanin6929
493 Posts
Hi guys. I am going to start towing my grandsons car to the race tracks this summer, and I was looking at getting an Air Lift helper air bag kit for my 2000 Sierra 4x4 with a Bell Tech 2/4 drop. Does anybody have part numbers for kits that will fit my application? Is anyone towing with a lowered 4x4 on helper bags using Air Lift or any other brand? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
I have an NNBS with the airlift helpers and the load control compressor...i put my brother-in-laws 20 foot trailer on and his 60hp tractor with front loader and pulled it up as far as i could get it...pumped the bags up to about 80psi...towed it around the yard like it was nothing...through dips and bumps and everything...at a slow speed...but still impressed the hell out of me!! and i tow my 18' ski boat all over with no issues what so ever!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys. I,ll check out that bell tech unit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
according to stylin those are for a tahoe... just want to prevent confusion, they say not for 04 silvy.

I have a regular cab short bed lowered 4x4 I used a Mcgaughys spindle in front and de-cranked the torsion bar with a shorter bumpstop. I have a shackle/hanger+removed the factory lift block in the rear with a shorter bump stop... so a total of about 3.5 front/5.5 rear from the 4x4 but the same as a 2wd with a 2-4 drop and I used the air lift kit #591503 for load leveling, and it works well.
Its a very straight forward kit, it installed in about an hour and a half and I ended up routing my Schroeder valves in the gas filler door (drilled holes in the plastic to allow) it works great, its hidden and if I didn't tell anyone they would all think its a 2wd. The kit works great and helps me keep my load level. I pull 7klb worth of toy hauler and with the load bearing hitch on the 3rd link and my bags at about 65-70 psi I haul nice and level. Its all I need.

·
Registered
339 Posts
according to stylin those are for a tahoe... just want to prevent confusion, they say not for 04 silvy.
click on the links or look up part number 5004BLT (non c-notch kit) and 5008BLT (with c-notch kit).

in the description under where it says "Fits" click view all and it states that they fit essentially all 99-07 classic 1500 silverado/sierra in any body/bed/engine configuration.

:shrug:

·
Registered
186 Posts
my bad i got confused, but it was because the last vehicle i searched for was the wifes 04 tahoe and it saved that. it said no products for 04 tahoe but i misread it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts