GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
C10 Owner
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm waiting on SD to rebuild my lower bars and decided to tidy up a few things that I have been needing to do. Changed out a fitting on the tank and I had a leak on the pass front side at the valves. After taking the fititngs out of the valves and re-assembling them I put them back on the truck and the lift valve is stuck open. I tapped it...nothing. Took it apart and checked the diaphragm (sp?) everything looked good, no debris, no moisture but it's still not closing.

These are brand new valves and i have had the front done for about a month and this is the first problem. I have not driven the truck since finishing the the front. Could i have possibly overtightened the nipple into the valve? Or do i just need to order a new diapdragm?

Here's a pic for those who take the time to try to help.

Yeah it's off a cell phone, dont hate.

·
To busy too care
281 Posts
Does the valve click when you hit it? Maybe you have a bad switch and its sending power to it when your not hitting it. Make sure you put the valve in the correct direction too.

nice ride BTW

·
C10 Owner
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Valve is in right it has been doing fine for a month. And i took the valve off the truck and I can blow through it with my blow gun so I know it's not electrical. It just will not close. I'm stumped.

·
i always catch you hatin'
606 Posts
is the spring in it?

·
Bagged and Bodydropped
1,750 Posts
Not many people run Air lift valves... When I had a problem with my smc it was a piece of trash stuck up top not letting the valve close all the way

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I had one that wouldn't close on my old truck once. I took it apart and cleaned it and it never stuck again.

I've also cleaned a sticky valve with WD40 with good luck in the past but try that at your own risk since I'm not sure if it'll have any long term effects.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive had one of my GC stick open before i sprayed some antiseize stuff that i use when its cold out side and its done good ever since Marcos might be right bout the trash

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
sounds to me like something might not have got put back together right...usually if a new valve sticks you can hit the switch a few times and it will un stick and go to work

·
Aftermath
657 Posts
i had this problem with my gc valves.. but i ended up just putting new ones oh the truck since i had an extra set

·
C10 Owner
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is the spring in it?
Yeah the spring is in there and it looks fine

Not many people run Air lift valves... When I had a problem with my smc it was a piece of trash stuck up top not letting the valve close all the way
SD was backordered on smc's so I got airlifts. I took it apart and everything was perfectly clean

sounds to me like something might not have got put back together right...usually if a new valve sticks you can hit the switch a few times and it will un stick and go to work
I jacked with it for a good 45 minutes on and off the truck.

I have today off so i will mess with it again if it does not work would everybody suggest a new valve or new diaphragm. The valve itself is just a hunk of metal the diaphragm is what does the opening and closing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
did you take the valve COMPLETELY apart, or just take the 4 screws out to expose the diaphram? .. theres more to it that you can take apart and clean but i cant explain it here without making it confusing..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts