GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing my gauges, and i have to run four 1/4 lines. I was thinking about drilling a hole at the bottom of the cab, and running them through the bottom and up into the pillar, and into the overhead.
My valves are in the back of the frame.

How did you guys run your airlines? Can you run them through the engine bay hole under the dash?

Where did you guys wire the light on the gauges to?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
157 Posts
Re: Air line question

You can run them pretty much where ever is best for you. Just be sure they are away from the engine and exhaust and be sure you put a rubber grommet in the hole you drill in the sheet metal so the rough edges dont cut through your line down the road.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Air line question

Thanks Brandon, ima be heading to carquest in a bit to try to pick up a grommet.

Another thing, how about wiring the gauges? I was thinking about having them wired to the headlights, but really dont know what wire to tap into.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The accuair valves only have a 1/4 inlet to run gauges :(

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Depends on how fast you want it too. I had 1/2" hydraulic lines on a ranger that could hop the front tires 4 or 5 inches. Was a bitch to make small ride adjustments though.
i have everything finished, im just trying to run airline for the gauges. Im running 3/8 airline, and its perfect, i have two mufflers on there, so people dont even notice when i hit the bags, and its nice and slow :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
There is a fitting that is used on air horns that I do not know th name of. It connects the small air line to the horn. It it a 1/4 or 1/8 male or female on one end, thn the other side has a nut that goes over the hose and the hose slides onto a nipple and the nut tightens right on top of the nipple to keep everyhting tight. Anyone know what this is called? This is the only type of fitting I have worked with for small air lines and it seemed to keep the line tight. With the union shown in the link above, how does that type of fitting work? You just slide the line in and pull the head towards the hose? Are those reliable? Sorry, about so many questions. I just don't want to lose bag pressure due to a leak in my gauge line. I have been running gaugeless for about a week cause I haven't figured this part out.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fuckin sweet thanks Zach :D

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
I was going to post this in your other thread but i'll just post it here. Its the AVS mount that I mentioned in the other thread. I kind of want to modify my Overhead console so I can fit 3 gauges in it.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i'd toss the 1/4" line and get some 1/8", makes install much easier
Should have jumped on your advice, 1/4 line is a hassle to run through the cab, but it fits.

Im really satisfied with the VU4 Manifold it makes gauges really easy to install. Just unscrewed the 1/4 ports and put my 1/4 ptc fitting in there, and i was set.

Thanks alex for the Link to bag riders, i was able to talk them, and told them i only need four fitting, and they gave me 3 dollar shipping, in contrast to most air ride suspension stores, they wanted to charge the full 15-20 dollars for shipping.

Ill get some pictures up as soon as i am done, just need to wire the gauges, and plumb the correct line to the back of the gauge.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is there any different way to go about wiring the lighting of the gauge?

Im using the how to Zach posted, but really dont want to tap into important wires. Not mention i cant even locate the pins. Is the relay even necessary? :(

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
done

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i combined the two positives into one positive cable, and ran it directly to the brown and white wire on the dimmer, and combined the two grounds into one and screwed it into the pillar.

Did not need the relay :), and thanks for the link it helped me know what wire to tap into. :handshake:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.