GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be completely retarded but when your runnin larger than stock tires do you still fill to the recommened pressure thats on the door jam sticker or do you go over that if your new tires are rated much higher. I mean on my tahoe the tires take a max of 85 psi which is insane.... i run at about 42 but the door says like 32 so I was just curious

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
I run what is on the side wall of the tire. But that is just a recomindation. I think it has been posted before about running your tire over powdered flower in your driveway to get the optimal pressure.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
It will totally depend on the weight the tire is carrying. You want to have just enough pressure that the whole width of the tread contacts the ground evently for even wear but not less as you are just creating more resistance the motor will have to overcome. Flour or chaulk is a great way to indicate this.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so just dump a flat layer of flour on ground and see what the patch looks like? Whats the most accurate way to measure height of tire also so that I can get my tune redone? thanks again

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
keep in mind your air pressure will increase as you drive. the more heat you build up the more your air in the tires will expand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts