GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Updates on page 17 for what I have done over winter of 2010/11

It only took a few long months to get everything together and the garage ready for my truck to be put on air ride. So here are the pictures so far we started on March 18.
Here are a couple shots of the Ekstensive front end parts that arrived last week they are getting powder coated this weekend hopefully. The kit is great it comes with everything you need including shocks.

P3090256.jpg

P3090257.jpg

P3090258.jpg

Anyway here are the shots of the truck from last night started by removing the grill, headlights, upper bumper, fenders and hood.

P3180262.jpg

P3180267.jpg

Got the fuse box pulled apart trying to figure out how to relocate it without cutting wires.
P3180265.jpg

I might be tubbing the firewall too
P3180271.jpg

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is gonna look awesome all laid out, can't wait to see more progress!
Ya I can't wait to get working on it some more. Probably wont be for a couple days though I work late the next to days so probably friday night I should have some more updates.

·
__the real GODFATHER__
1,421 Posts
Finally begun....? thought this bitch been in process for a while lol. Im kiddin, hope build goes well, gana be sweet! post lots of pics when done

·
Registered
419 Posts
looks sweet, its gonna turn out nice

·
Registered
852 Posts
Its about time. I have been waiting to see your trucl laid out for a while now. Post lots of pics. No excuses get to work right now.

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
whats with the chubby tires? did you sell the 24'z?

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
they something called snow and it supposedly fucks wheels up.:shrug:

:crazy:

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
hell yeah man, im ready to see this thing on the ground!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally begun....? thought this bitch been in process for a while lol. Im kiddin, hope build goes well, gana be sweet! post lots of pics when done
Ya its taken a bit longer then I wanted to get started but its worth it the garage heated and always warm.

Its about time. I have been waiting to see your trucl laid out for a while now. Post lots of pics. No excuses get to work right now.
Ya I agree the only thing gonna slow me down is my job, but they always let me go home early so see what happens. I will be tubbing the firewall to be set up to run larger tires if I want to.

No im gonna set the truck up to run on a larger overall diameter tire and like the guys said the snow and shit wrecks rims plus the tires need to be replaced and the lips are getting machine polished before the truck comes out.

hell yeah man, im ready to see this thing on the ground!
Ya your not the only person that wants to see this thing on the ground.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here are a few shots from todays work only like an hour and a half. Not a whole lot started stripping the driver side suspension. I couldnt be to loud in the garage as my buddies kid was sleeping so hopefully tomorrow I can get the ball joints out of the spindle. I also started loosening bolts on the passenger side.

P3190272.jpg

P3190274.jpg

P3190275.jpg

P3190277.jpg

I cant wait to start cutting the truck up!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quick update but no pics all suspension is disconnected and removed the front bumper. Hopefully tomorrow or tuesday I can get the plasma out and start cutting out the strut mount and upper control arm mounts!

Do you guys think while I have thebumper off should I paint the lower part gloss black to match the rest of the truck? Let me know

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Damn i missed this thread. Can't wait to see it done. The lower valence will probably get scraped to shit so don't paint it.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
Damn i missed this thread. Can't wait to see it done. The lower valence will probably get scraped to shit so don't paint it.
he can raise it up... the power of switches.:crazy:

1 - 20 of 273 Posts