GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
the kit that bolts up to the differential is the Watts link. panhard bar is one bar that goes from the frame to the axle. watts link is probably what you are thinkin of

·
Registered
606 Posts
i have the c-noth and pan-hard bar i could sell you if you are interested. Shipping might be expensive though because they are very heavy.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bar.jpg

this is what i ordered as of today. its going to cost me around 215 shipped. its mostly bolt on. the supply longer bolts to go into the diff. cover.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
just about the same setup, but a bigger notch. but im planning looming all the wires.

underbed.jpg
me and the guy that helped me bag my truck did a truck with what looks like to be the same setup you're running (suicidedoors behind the axle) and we use their panhard and put it in fron of the axle. It works perfect. I just am not a fan of short panhards.......way too much movement.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what do you mean? it bolted(welded) from what points? when i ordered that kit i messed up by not getting the under axle mounts. cause im planning on laying close to frame. im not really about playing with it or getting low as possible. im just tired of the roads in this half ass town of mine. they dont know how to lay ashpalt right, brand new roads that go up and down and bumpy as hell. my truck cant take it, well it can, but i dont want it to. and im trying to make it right, simple, and reliable.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
we mounted the panhard to the frame in front of the rear end behind the gas tank, then bent it over the rear end and mounted it on the other side of the rear end. the truck just had a bolt in noch but still gets pretty low. The suicidedoors panhard is only like $130

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nick993, the setup that you showed in the picture. Is that your truck? I was just curious as how well that setup does with bags. I am looking at a 2000 gmc sierra with a setup just like that. The guy has the monoleafs with the bags behind the axle and just a standard style c-notch.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey red i dont see shocks? how does it ride? i have firestones 2600s on it now. im only going to run slams in the front. will it ride better in the back without shocks? this half ass ranger that cut his hole bed out and tried to be cool, look at me and drop the back and it bounced up and down bad. i dont want that, i want to go smooth if i go up or down.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
slammed, i dont like the leafs with bags. they dont work with each other. the rebound hurts over bumps. my back cant take it. thats alot of the reason im getting this air ride setup. and to get ride of axle wrap. i go to the strip sometimes and its alot of wear on the drivetrain im sure. im going to put a adjustable parallel 4-link in the back.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
hey red i dont see shocks? how does it ride? i have firestones 2600s on it now. im only going to run slams in the front. will it ride better in the back without shocks? this half ass ranger that cut his hole bed out and tried to be cool, look at me and drop the back and it bounced up and down bad. i dont want that, i want to go smooth if i go up or down.
we hadn't put the shocks on yet. It rides a little to stiff for me with those slams out back, but that is what the owner wanted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts