GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 sierra NBS witha 4/6 drop and 20's of coarse, and i want, no i NEED to bag it. i want to do it myself so if anyone can reccoment a kit and a place to get it, i would be greatly thankful

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chevyman
for the rear 4 link, how is it for strength. i am seriously into going to the drag stip and like to smell tiresmoke alot, if you know what i mean. i need something that is strong as well as needing to hook up more than what the factory leafs do. thanks for your help

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
err, i haven't tried to launch my truck hard with my setup. I've got KP 4 link with cantilever. I honestly don't know how it would launch, but i'd guess the more pressure u run in the back, the better it'll launch. BUt when u add ur air system, ur gonna add a bunch of weight to ur truck, most of it being under ur bed.

i'm only guess, but you do have an extra set of tires for the back? I can't image tryin to launch with a 8.5 inch tire out back with the Falken Azzenis tires. Lighting up thoose tires most cost you a pretty penny...

but nice truck though

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2k1silverado,
nice truck too,
about how much did you spend for your complete bag setup, assuming you did it yourself. also i was wondering if someone can give me a list of ALL the stuff i need, i know the basics to air ride, but i dont know what else i need

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
sierraon22s said:
He got his work done at a shop.
lol what he said.

basically all you need for a basic FB air ride setup up is. Air line, 4 valves(2 ups 2 downs) 4 air bags, front mounting cups, front shock relocators, assuming you get the KP 4 link canti(get it!), an air tank, some compressors, 4 air bags, a pressure switch, a water trap, and a switch box. I'm sure i forgot something, but someone will chime in. Physh1 is pretty familiar with installing bags, so PM him. If you want FBSS(front back side to side) you'll need another 4 valves making a total of 8.

I have an engine driven compressor, and the 4 link canti. I paid about 5k for my setup installed at a shop. Your lucky that you have tires and rims that'll tuck, so you won't need to worry about that. Besides my stupid pressure switch problems, i've had no problems with my setup.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
thats the KP 4 link with a bridge notch. You don't need to do all of that...

I rode in Introwheels's truck, he has a similar setup, and it doesn't ride all that great. My truck rides better than it did stock. I would just go with the canti 4 link, i wish i had pics of it but i don't oh well.

I think u could just use a monster notch and cut up the bed to get it to lay out in the back.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
whatever i do, i need to do it before the truck rolls out in the spring. I know its probably still good weather in cali, but here in ohio its too damn cold for my baby, even though i took her to school tonight because my plymouth horizon broke down
aol screen name= fullthrottledan

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
lol i wore shorts to school today... :D

just make sure that you know what ur doin b4 u do it... too many trucks have been F'd up b/c of hack jobs.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow, how did u do that? i have heard horror stories about people cutting frames off and massive holes in their bed. thats the only part that scares me. Other than that i think i can do it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts