GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 6" flip kit and I installed the Monroe Air Shocks that NAPA supplies. I plumbed each shock to it's own valve. After doing so, I checked for leaks and found none.

Well the driver's side goes up an down with no problems. The passenger side goes up, but when I take the air out, it only went down so far and stopped.

Now, I didn't install any shock extenders. Would this be the problem? If anyone out there has any solutions, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance. :handshake:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Measure the length aired out for each shock then if they are different compare the problem with with the spec extended and collapsed lengths maybe the problem one is bottoming out.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I would try adding weight into the bed also when removing air to help it. My shocks leak over night... Im getting aggrivated..

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
got a part number for those shocks? I gotta replace my rears sometime in the next 2 weeks before i make the fully-loaded drive to Idaho with all my shit in the back. I know my shit will run with the Douchetech shocks that are on it now. I need a cheap set of air shocks instead, cause i'm too broke for the helper bags. lol

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got a part number for those shocks? I gotta replace my rears sometime in the next 2 weeks before i make the fully-loaded drive to Idaho with all my shit in the back. I know my shit will run with the Douchetech shocks that are on it now. I need a cheap set of air shocks instead, cause i'm too broke for the helper bags. lol
I'll check when I get off work for you. I paid $110 from NAPA. If I was you, I'd rather just do the helper bags. Thats what I'm gonna do later on. That is if I can not resolve this issue.

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
I picked up a set yesterday from Vatozone and they fit good. Wish the driver's side had more stroke (looks like about 3.5" of shaft visible at ride height with no air.) but they ride better than the douchetech's at 60psi. lifted my truck an inch at 60psi. ill post the part number and measurements tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts