GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So I plan on dropping my truck in the next couple of months with a 4/7 kit. Since the roads around here are really shitty I want to have either air shocks or helper bags that I can air up to about a 4/6 drop and maybe the ride wont be so terrible and bottom out so much. I also want these for towing on occasion. Which would be best for my needs? Truck is 2007 ECSB NNBS.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
air helper bags is the best way to go, just dont buy wide tires or wheels with too much offset or the tires will rub the helper bags/brackets on the NNBS.

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
if you tow, then helper bags. talk to james from godfather customs, he has them at a good price. they aren't cheap.

i have air shocks now, it rides pretty good, but i'm thinking of adding helper bags to my setup for smooth purposes.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
i have air shocks now, it rides pretty good, but i'm thinking of adding helper bags to my setup for smooth purposes.
I wouldnt mind switching to bags too, but they wont work with a MCG notch and the tires will rub them...so I have read.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Not a NNBS. But I have Air Shocks on mine. Ride decent. Little stiff though.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
I have air shocks too but mine ride smooth, and they can be aired up to tow or haul things. But to me helper bags is the way to go.

the setup I want with onboard air and wireless controller is like $800...hence why I went with $50 air shocks

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
Yeah, JB is correct they won't work with the notch.
Silly why they didn't engineer it to work that way.

I like my helperbags. Very smooth ride, but I had to grind some of the bracket away on the drivers side(only drivers side) though cause it was rubbing. :(

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I bet my LTZ 20's would rub on a 285 50 20 +31MM offset. What do ya'll think? I might do air shocks, I haven't decided yet.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
I bet my LTZ 20's would rub on a 285 50 20 +31MM offset. What do ya'll think? I might do air shocks, I haven't decided yet.
On helper bags? doubt it.
I got 285/40/22's on +40mm rims and miss the passenger side all together. Only bearly rubbed on drivers side before I grinded some of the bracket back.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
damn 40mm+

im at 31mm but 10" wide

:think:
So your rim is about 3/8th-ish of an inch more pushed out than mine, yet your rim is 1/2" wider. Ugh... You would be really close to what I got at the moment, it would be a close fit for helper bags

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Theres a guy on PT.net that bought Mikeiths/Samc's old helper bags and he is 4/7 with GM 22x9's +31mm 285/45/22 just like mine and the bags rub his tires

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
Theres a guy on PT.net that bought Mikeiths/Samc's old helper bags and he is 4/7 with GM 22x9's +31mm 285/45/22 just like mine and the bags rub his tires
well then i'm fucked, i'm 275, but wheel sticks out over tire a tad bit.
i'll def rub then.

how can this be fixed? narrow axle?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts