GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have experience with air shocks on a lowered truck? i'm going to be lowering my 2003 Silverado soon, i hope. i still need to get some shocks, and sell my DJM LCA and get some 3" coils then i'll be ready. i was giving some thought to air shocks for the rear. i know they would ride rough on uneven roads, and that doesn't bother me. i'm going for a aggressive street suspension that will handle corners really well. and the air shocks should keep the rear from bottoming out with the flip kit and c-notch. i really cant afford helper bags, nor do i want to have anything in the bed.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I don't think you'll bottom out with the flip kit in the back as long as you have the notch. I had doetsch tech shocks and dont' remember ever bottoming at while at 4/6 with the shocks since they were pretty stiff.

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did it handle pretty well? you know these wind roads here in Arkansas. i had a 2001 S-10 Xtreme that we took to Batesville once through the mountains and i loved the way it handled. it rode it little stiff over uneven roads and road constution.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I always liked the way it handled. On the 40 series tires it was great (245/40/20, stickey tires with a wear rating of 280) plus the stiff shocks and low center of gravity made it pretty fun. Not as much fun as my firebird in the corners, but not bad for a fullsize!

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I can beat an eXtremely gay s-10 through pretty much every corner with my wheel/tire/suspension setup

I think you should be alright with the DJM notch and won't bottom out unless you are carrying a load in the bed. Some people love their Doetsch Tech shocks, but all I can say is that I'm just satisfied with them.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I've heard many times that Air Shocks ride like crap on lowered trucks...

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright, thanks guys. so, no air shocks. what shocks have a pretty good ride? i've heard alot about the doestch tech shocks, so i'll probably just get those for all four corners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts