GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when putting in an air suspension, do you remove the front stabelizer bar?

also with the djm upper control arms, and a 5" drop up front with an air bag, will i have much camber?

thanks guys

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
when putting in an air suspension, do you remove the front stabelizer bar?

also with the djm upper control arms, and a 5" drop up front with an air bag, will i have much camber?

thanks guys
First of all, what truck are doing this on? Second yes most people keep the sway bar. Third you will always have neg camber with a bagged truck. But depending on the model it will have less or more.

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
05 silverado ss

im going neg 5" from stock ride height and pos 3"

stabilizer or sway bar

camber even with the djm uca's? i heard they give a bigger range before camber?

what is the range i could stay in with the djm uca's with little or no camber?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Most peopel keep the sway bar. It will hinder your sides so if you plan to hit sides remove it or you will be replacing bushing. A swaybar is the same thing as the stabilizer.

I'm confused on what you mean by "im going neg 5" from stock ride height and pos 3"

Camber amount is based on ride height. Get your ride height dialed in and have an alignment. I have 2" drop spindles and at right height which is around a 5/7 i have no camber in the front. But laid out i still have it. I can't speak for your control arms tho.

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after my baggs are in ill be riding at a 3/5

but fully laid out, ill be 5" below stock ride height. so fully laid out ill be a 5/7.

fully inflated ill be lifted up like 3/1.

how low do you think ill be able to go before i see a camber?

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
if your ride height is 3 inches lower than stock its no problem DJM uppers/lowers with a 3 inch drop you can go more on a 4x4/awd and wont camber. Stock upper a arms will camber much sooner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts