GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever I lift my truck it makes a weird squel/screech I have narrowed it donwn to my air tank anybody have this happen to them? At first it was just the rear no it is doing it when I raise th front too.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
squell would come froma bushing or something, a springy type noise is the air passing thru but I dont believe that's what you're talking about, right?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe,. its not a bushing or anything hitting, it sounds like it is from the tank as far as I can tell. could be air passing through but it is loud,

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
are you runing check vavles? because if you have a small tank all the bags will back feed to get the same pressure. Mine does it too, kinda sounds like chewbacca

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, no checkvalves just the one for my edc, which ones should i get and should I put one on each fill valve?

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
yea you just need 4 all together. Just put them on the line goin to each valve. Smc has some nice ones. But be prepaired to pay 20 bucks each.

·
Registered
593 Posts
you might have something stuck inside the tank that is moving as the air goes by it. like when you blow paper and it makes that weird noise

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've heard about people with similar problems to yours in the past. The only thing that was determined is that there cvould be some harmonic noise that was caused from air transfering through the tanks.

I don't have a remedy or suggestion at this time to eliminate that noise. Sorry.

Clint Petree
KP Components Inc.
866-KP-LINKS

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Mine does it also. But not only when i hit a switch. When my edc is running it will do it just not as loud. Also if you want some real nice check valves check out gravity-werx.com they have some nice brass parkers. The smc's are imo are cheap and not worth the price.

·
Registered
415 Posts
We offer check valves in 3/8"NPT and 1/2" NPT sizes. The thing that is killer about ours is the fact that they're a cone style check valve. That way the air now flows over a cone shape sealing valve rather then a flat sealing valve. We also had our check valves designed with that cone to be high flowing so you don't see very much speed loss. Here's a picture of how they look.

Clint Petree
KP Components Inc.
866-KP-LINKS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts