GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Aftermath
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know anything about them? i know the ob1's were shit and always had problems.. the ob2's are kinda expensive.. i can get a daul pack of viairs for cheaper but i just want to know if they have made these ob2's any better?

·
Aftermath
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my thought was to go edc but would a 5.3 kit work fine on a ls1?

·
Perfect Poise
1,344 Posts
go edc, wish i would of had the money at the time to finish mine..

idk, i kinda agree with the dudes that started az (i hung out with them a few times, since alot of people i know where sponsered by them) that compressor most of the time took a shit because of not enough power being supplied and or faulty wiring installs.

i ran an az on my truck for like a month and it just destroyed my alternator.

i know atleast 5 people with them and they run great still and have been since they came out.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I've had my edc for a month or so now. I've checked the trap twice just because and emptied barely any oil out of it and just threw a bit back in the edc. Fills my 10 gallons of air in less than 2 mins at idle even less if im on the throttle. The only problem with running the edc is it takes up more room in your engine bay. And if your putting it in your build truck you probably gotta move the fuse box again

·
Aftermath
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had my edc for a month or so now. I've checked the trap twice just because and emptied barely any oil out of it and just threw a bit back in the edc. Fills my 10 gallons of air in less than 2 mins at idle even less if im on the throttle. The only problem with running the edc is it takes up more room in your engine bay. And if your putting it in your build truck you probably gotta move the fuse box again
im getting a painless wiring for my truck cause my wires are all fucked up and i dont feel like going through it..

but like i said in my previous post.. the truck has a 5.3 in it. im going to send it out to be re-bored to an ls1. so the engine wont be a 5.3 anymore. the pullys will be totaly different.. im plaining the truck to have ALOT of HP. so i really dont think an edc is really going to work

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
i think it will be fine, it runs off the pulley from the alternator so that might be your only headache if your gonna change all the pullies which i don't understand. or just get a bigger alternator & extra battery & run an oasis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts