GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
'05 Silverado Z71
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has something scroll across saying service air bag most of yhe time. When checked for codes iy has B0026. I can't find much online about this. I tried unplugging and plugging back in the yellow pigtail in foot area on left (below fuse panel) on driver side but that didn't fix anything.

Ideas?

·
'05 Silverado Z71
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does it sometimes turn off or is it on all the time?
On almost all the time but does go off for a min. Or so maybe once a week. It is rare but does happen that the airbag light is off. The service air bag message comes up randomly. Usually a min after starting truck and then again a few times going down the road (I usually hit the back button to make it go away - light stays on though).

·
Registered
719 Posts
On almost all the time but does go off for a min. Or so maybe once a week. It is rare but does happen that the airbag light is off. The service air bag message comes up randomly. Usually a min after starting truck and then again a few times going down the road (I usually hit the back button to make it go away - light stays on though).

the reason I was asking if sometimes the light goes out is that iv had problems with the service airbag light staying on and going off and I found out that the issue was a plug under the passenger seat that was lose from moving the seat around and people hitting it without knowing. :nono: this was on a gmc acadia but doesnt mean that it couldnt be an issue with your truck I hope this helps.

Also I was reading that the sensors in the front of the truck sometimes go out and triggers the service airbag and from what I read apparently the dealership or someone else with a tech 2 can find out what sensor it may be if it is one at all.

·
Lifted 2wd
389 Posts
I had this message in my 04 Suburban. Found a wire pulled out of a plug under the driver seat because my daughter shoved her toys under there. If you don't find an obvious cause, I second using a Tech 2 to isolate it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts