GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still working on my dash and some other stuff and would like to do the airbag cover as well. How do get it off though? Here's a pic:
02.gif

·
Registered
711 Posts
you gotta push it in the pull the tabs off the little hook things

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I looked at it for a bit when I painted my dash and there is two hex screws (bigger than the ones that hold the dash), under the actual airbag (somewhere). I think it would be beter try to remove the whole assembly instead of just the cover or you might crack the paint when you're trying to install the cover back, IMO. I'm going to try to paint that this weekend.

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you do take the whole thing out or push in the cover and remove the tabs make sure you disconnect the battery so no mishap with the airbag going off happens. Becasue that would definitely make for a bad day.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
albert, do you have any finished pics of your painted dash?
Haven't taken any pics yet. I am buying a digital camera this weekend, so I might have some pics next week.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried it again today by pushing in on it. Damn man that is one bitch to get off. I got the bottom part out but the the top part is hard as hell to get to. Then I couldn't the bottom part back in!! :flame: I said fuck it for now! lol I'll take the whole thing out later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts