GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NBS 1500.

Looking to upgrade my rear-end suspension to increase off-road performance without having to do any modifications to my frame.

Current plan is to start fresh with a new main leaf from michigan truck spring (3 leaf 22-1567 ), add a deaver J-1 mini pack to get a "semi-progressive" loading pattern, and add fox 2.0 shocks. With this I would like to get about 1.5" of lift as well.

As I do haul & tow some moderately heavy loads periodically I am planning on adding air bags to help with leveling & keeping the suspension safe under load since I won't have overload springs with this set-up.

Overall sound like a good plan? Do airbags work as a replacement for the overload springs?

I looked at the Deaver C-85 springs but sounds like they require extensive modification.

Sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't find a thread addressing this exact issue.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes I got my airbags from HD truck springs.com
My flatbed where I carry my side by side and tow trailer The airbags work great but they do nothing for you off road. I ended up adding a air tank air compressor air horn air service chucks and now I have everything to fix anything and on board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts