GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
always wanting ,never get
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o her eit is im planning on getting this truc from a guy it has bags with a nitrogen setup, 1/2" lines and smc valves with air rides digital guages . well the thing is he says he doesnt want it anymore becuase he wants something he can drive more , he has it as a show truck but i commute everyday 45 miles and sometimes make trips from stockton to riverside what can i do to make this truck a reliable daily driver. i was thinking maybe putting an air ride tedch front coolride setup with the control arms and mcguaghys drop spindles and kp components 4 link and canti setup will this do the trick or do i not need to make any mods to the suspension thnaks guys

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
What does his suspension consist of. Hard to tell ya if there is anything that should be replaced if we don't know what he currently has on it.

Cameron

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i'd stay away from the drop spinles... but thats just me.

If its got shocks up front, just put the KP customs canti out back... I drive my truck every day. Haven't had a problem in months. I personally would ditch the nitrogen setup b/c refilling it all the time would be annoying, and expensive in the long run. Maybe a engine driven compressor, or some electrics depending on ur budject.

There isn't anything that would make a bagged truck unreliable, its all in the install. The guy that bagged my truck is one of the better guys in the industry to get it done by:read: Hes gonna be on monster garage in a while. :evillol:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
:word: it's all in the install. my truck is bagged and daily driven. i've made plenty of long trips in it, and this summer i'll be going to Lake Charles, LA twice (300 miles each way) and Greenville, MS for showfest(about 4 hours one way). Just carry a small toolbox, a jack and an extra bag with you incase you blow one.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
:word: it's all in the install. my truck is bagged and daily driven. i've made plenty of long trips in it, and this summer i'll be going to Lake Charles, LA twice (300 miles each way) and Greenville, MS for showfest(about 4 hours one way). Just carry a small toolbox, a jack and an extra bag with you incase you blow one.
I was thinking about what items I'd need to carry in case of emergency .. I was thinking about some fitting and some extra hose to splice in if I blew a line, never thought about another bag, now I also have a 130 pressure switch in case anything happens to my 150 ... can you replace it without having to drop any of the balljoints? I will have firestones, I know the front and back are different, if you just had to carry ONE bag, which would you carry, the one for the front? and would it work for the back if you had to?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts