GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
birthdays in couple weeks and looking into getting alarm. any suggestions? i hear most are pretty much same unit. def wanna go with a two way pager with remote start. any cheap websites to look on for deal? thanks ahead of time.

-nick

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
DEI is all the same shit now. Viper, Clifford, Python, etc are all the same. If you find a good deal on any of these you should be good. Its more about the install of the alarm and remote start. Make sure you have someone good doing it cause the guy that installed mine was a little rusty with installing DEI cause he was installing prestige alarms at his place.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
DEI is all the same shit now. Viper, Clifford, Python, etc are all the same. If you find a good deal on any of these you should be good. Its more about the install of the alarm and remote start. Make sure you have someone good doing it cause the guy that installed mine was a little rusty with installing DEI cause he was installing prestige alarms at his place.
:word: and :word: Everyone but me aorund here only installs prestige.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
its only going to be warrented if you have it done by an authorized dealer...otherwise I'd say bring me your truck and I'll do it for a good price...

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
5900 gets you 1 mile range, if every part of the install is 100% and you get lucky. The biggest difference comes down to the install and having the guy take his time and hide everything, not to use T-taps, hopefully use nothing but solder, and to not put the dam thing under the dash! If you dont have an authorized dealer do it you get jack on warranty and with how expensive those remotes are and how easy the install is to screw up, its gotta be worth it to have somebody do it right. I myself waitting for a call back and will be selling AND INSTALLING DEI stuff soon and I will not sell it without install!

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
5900 gets you 1 mile range, if every part of the install is 100% and you get lucky. The biggest difference comes down to the install and having the guy take his time and hide everything, not to use T-taps, hopefully use nothing but solder, and to not put the dam thing under the dash! If you dont have an authorized dealer do it you get jack on warranty and with how expensive those remotes are and how easy the install is to screw up, its gotta be worth it to have somebody do it right. I myself waitting for a call back and will be selling AND INSTALLING DEI stuff soon and I will not sell it without install!
Hit me up whenever you get going and I'll probly get an alarm from you.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
sure will, as soon as they call me back, I cant a return phone call after CES to save my life! I can still get alarms and do them, just depends on what you want

1 - 16 of 16 Posts