GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few bucks saved back and am now looking for a new alarm for my truck. i have a 2000 Sierra, already been broken into once, tryin to make it not as easy. looking for a nice alarm for the truck.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was readng on line and did a search through gmfs and i see a lot of people running the viper5901 and 5900. I found a 5901 for 350 NIB on craigslist, but i believe it has a lot of things i do not need...is it all neccessary, i have the sierra with crank windows, manual locks. and manual trans..so i dont even get remote start..so what do i neeeeed?? or should i get it anyway?

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
anything DEI is nice. (i.e. viper, clifford, etc)

even though u have a standard, u can still have remote start, theres a neutral by-pass switch they have for them now.

u can get keyless entry with them too, when the door panels off its easy enough to have them pop on two actuators.

u'll also need a GM bypass module which is another $50. bring it to your local audio shop, im sure they can help ya out.

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
go to best buy and try and score a free install. I can do pretty much any average install-systems.. tvs.. junk like that, and i wont touch an alarm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts