GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
BobStaMan said:
Best alarm systems. Budget doesnt matter. Post the best alarm systems
I'd say the Matrix RS 3.5 would have to be the favorite out there. I've heard of some installs getting above $1k

I've got the AudioVox Prestige APS 996a with remote start and LOVE it.. ran about $700 installed- and if I'd been a little more patient I could have probably got it for a bit less.

DEI products have a reputation for being the best.

Just remember, the alarm is only as good as the installer- so make sure your installer knows his shit! :ninja:

·
Registered
503 Posts
MrFleming007 said:
I've got the AudioVox Prestige APS 996a with remote start and LOVE it.. ran about $700 installed- and if I'd been a little more patient I could have probably got it for a bit less.

DEI products have a reputation for being the best.

Just remember, the alarm is only as good as the installer- so make sure your installer knows his shit! :ninja:
i got the same alarm installed for $300. it kicks ass too

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
tallassguy said:
i got the same alarm installed for $300. it kicks ass too
Don't tell me that :banghead: :bawl: :pissed: Oh well- I needed it, and it was there :) No regrets here!

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
Autopage 850LCD...hands down...the best...I can get the alarm for 225 plus shipping and installation labor...They sell around Tulsa for 550-650 installed...

·
Registered
503 Posts
you can get the AudioVox Prestige APS 996a on ebay for around $125 i think. at least thats bout what my friend got it for. then you just gotta find somewhere to install it cheap. its a pretty good alarm imo

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Clifford Concept 100. Its supposedly was the best one out a year ago. Don't know how much it cost though... the shop gave it to me for free w/ remote start, windows, and headlights.

Oh, the pagers are kindof overated, the range on them generally sucks. And even if it does work, you can't always run out to your truck. My friend has the RS 3.5 and it doesn't page him from his drive way when i set of his alarm. He usually is in his room about 50 feet. I'm guessing it works great if ur out in the open, but if your in a building, it sucks ass.

The one thing my alarm actually helped me with is one time a woman backed into my truck when it was parked. She was gonna leave, but luckily my alarm went off (i've got 2 sirens) and the neighbors came out and told her to leave.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
well, some alarms just go off whenever a car with exhaust or system drive past them. Thoose usually suck.

Install on the alarm is also important:read: My friend had some random crap alarm on his CRX. Basically, you could see the wires running from the alarm to the battery. ANy half brained idiot could defeat it. But, if they do want to steal your truck, its gone.

The best alarm is to be laid out, and lock up your switch box... no way is anyone gonna be able to drive my truck away... or steal my rims for that matter. You can't get em if their tucking :evillol:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well im not worried about it being stolen really. im just mostly worried about the stuff inside being stolen. I would like an alarm system that signals the remote that MY car is being broken into you know? That would be very good. If i have everything bolted down then it would be hard for them to steal it but still, i would like a pretty awesome long reach alarm.. any out there?

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
BobStaMan said:
i would like a pretty awesome long reach alarm.. any out there?
Maybe check out the Compustar pager alarm with teh Spread Spectrum technology. There are a lot of mixed reviews on them, but my friend has one, swears by it, and I've seen it get up to a mile of reception on a clear day.

Somehow, I've just never had a need to remote start my vehicle from a mile off... :anitoof:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
haha i can start mine up from like 200 yards away... not sure what thats good for.. but you know :anitoof:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Yeah I don't really care bout the remote start shit really, but I might as well get it ya know? I just want something with the FARTHEST range and the BEST sensitivity, considering my POS alarm is basically just a keyless entry.. I'm going to buy one on ebay soon so I'll let you guys know :naughty:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know this may sound stupid, but does anyone know of an alarm that can be programmed to work with my keyless entry fob?

·
Registered
413 Posts
i have a Bicron responder. its got a little lcd screen that tells me whats goin on with the car, remote start, and it even locks and unlocks my car!! its pretty shitty tho, i wouldn't buy it again. the buttons are too easy to press and my truck has started up many times without me wanting it to when i'm leaning up against something with my keys in my pocket. it's so shitty i'm considering buying a new one. so don't get bicron. peace

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
the matrix 3.5 is a great alarm. If you dont want the LCD screen and all its complications, get the Avital 4300. Its the same alarm basically, different name and WAY cheaper. It also has like 5 outputs on it for extras like windows, radio on/off, neon, etc instead of 2. i might be selling my Viper 550 for around a bill so I can get the 4300 myself for the blazer. I do kinda think the Clifford has a better shock sensor than the other DEI alarms

1 - 19 of 19 Posts