GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I recently had to replace some suspension parts. Drivers inner tierod, pitman arm and idler arm. also since I stripped the steering box threads I replaced that too. Since putting in everything now the truck is pulling to the right quite a bit ( or drifting right) also its really easy to turn right (turns light butter) but it requires A LOT more force to turn left. Took it in for an alignment since I knew it needed it but also hoping it would fix that sensitivity but it didnt. So what would cause this ? Best I got is a funny steering box as it was leaking when it arrived and looked a little roughed up but maybe I put something back together wrong.. anything that typically causes this ?? I am attaching alignment sheet but all help is appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Try replacing the box again, shouldn't need an alignment after that cuz I'm pretty sure the I shaft and pitman arm are master splined. Also try rotating your front tires side to side, see if it pulls left after, if it does you got radial tire pull.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try replacing the box again, shouldn't need an alignment after that cuz I'm pretty sure the I shaft and pitman arm are master splined. Also try rotating your front tires side to side, see if it pulls left after, if it does you got radial tire pull.
thanks thats what Im thinking I swapped the tires and still drifting right...So I think its the box... very odd it likes the turning right.. Already have a replacement on the way thanks

Sticking caliper?
But would it have been pulling before I made changes wouldnt it ??

·
Bitchin' Stitchin'
74 Posts
But would it have been pulling before I made changes wouldnt it ??
Ya never know when they're gonna decide to start to stick.
I just threw that out there as something to maybe consider & check out.
My truck pulled to the left after it was aligned. Had the shop check it twice after. They guaranteed it was right on.
After replacing the rotors & calipers, all was good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts