GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is fucking weird, if im parked at home on a level surface my front tires look normal. now when i pull into a parking spot with an incline or decline, the passenger front tire is normal and the drivers side is all buckled in. Like the top of the tire is out and the lower part is inward. I forget if thats the tow or camber. Anyways, this doesnt seem normal to me, maybe im jsut a fucking idiot though.

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,241 Posts
HA...who knows. Mine is off I think too. When I was messing with it the other day I noticed that my left tire looked turned out a little bit. Its tracks great and drives straight, but looks off. I think I am going to get it done after I change out my TRE boots.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah im trying to hold off till put on those fucking UCAs and possible Coilovers. who knows when that will be though. I wish a place around here had lifetime Alignment package or something.

·
meow
15,748 Posts
You been huffing glue lately? It's known to alter alignment of the brain.

Wet a portion of your driveway. Drive over it with your tires. Make sure the whole tire is wet. Crude way to start but is never wrong :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
I was just @ 4 wheel parts and my buddy who is a mechanic in the back stated that they were having problems with the alignments on the nnbs due to sagging front springs.. haha he showed me all the sets of used rubber:crazy: so he basically told me to keep an eye on my alignment. which u should anyway:imo

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You been huffing glue lately? It's known to alter alignment of the brain.

Wet a portion of your driveway. Drive over it with your tires. Make sure the whole tire is wet. Crude way to start but is never wrong :)
thanks man ill try that.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just @ 4 wheel parts and my buddy who is a mechanic in the back stated that they were having problems with the alignments on the nnbs due to sagging front springs.. haha he showed me all the sets of used rubber:crazy: so he basically told me to keep an eye on my alignment. which u should anyway:imo
def need new coilovers then :head:

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Double check the bolts at the UCA's. If the truck has been aligned recently. They may of came loose, enough to where the tire might move.

Are they Plastic Knockout's still in place?

Can't help without seeing pictures.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yes.. Hurry up and figure this shit out:)

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
You are describing positive camber.

Are your tires showing any uneven wear?

Do you find it hard to keep on a straight path on a bumpy road?

·
Registered
259 Posts
i blame my slight TX rake on NNBS sagging springs.
Yes same here:flame:
Just throw some concrete bags in the back to level it out:read:
Just Keep an eye on ur alignment especially in the inner part of your tire:imo:nono:

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are describing positive camber.

Are your tires showing any uneven wear?

Do you find it hard to keep on a straight path on a bumpy road?
no issues while driving, no sign of wear since my tires dont even had 1500 miles yet. So I dont know. Im gonna take it Saturday since I have no clue when we are getting the UCA's

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Ya'll still don't have those UCA's? Wow.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
"custom takes time"

:blah:
Riiiiiiight. Haven't they been done though? They must be shipping them the loooooong way around to Cali.

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,241 Posts
HAHA, calm down you impatient fucks! Be grateful that you got them made, and for a good price. ANYWAY, Jameson, do you have a place called NTB in your area? Stands for National Tire & Battery. They offer a 1 year warranty on their alignments. I talked to the guy and he said he would stick by it even with a lifted truck. Might be worth checking out.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
My truck does a very similar thing and some other GMFS members have commented about it....when my truck (hell my wife's Tahoe does the same thing too) is parking in my driveway, which is not insanely steep but it definitely has some pitch to it, my camber looks off as well (granted right now my truck is COMPLETELY out of alignment) but the Tahoe looks that way as well and I just had it aligned 2 weeks ago :shrug: My only guess would be the incline is putting more weight on the back end of the vehicle when parked on an incline :shrug:

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
HAHA, calm down you impatient fucks! Be grateful that you got them made, and for a good price. ANYWAY, Jameson, do you have a place called NTB in your area? Stands for National Tire & Battery. They offer a 1 year warranty on their alignments. I talked to the guy and he said he would stick by it even with a lifted truck. Might be worth checking out.
NTB huh? Good to know. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts