GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where to get one or have one? I just got some LED's installed yesterday and the oem dome lens hides almost half of the LED's on both sides. Pictures below...

1417068_orig.jpg

1599218_orig.jpg

1080009_orig.jpg

Link to image on Ebay of what the inside looks like:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Travis from Trax Customs also hooked it up with some more LED's:
SNV32984.jpg

SNV32981.jpg

SNV32982.jpg

SNV32980.jpg

Getting the map lights and door lights done this coming weekend with Travis again :shake:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Have you even popped the lense off and looked at it yet? IIRC it is an aluminum reflector that is blocking the light there. I think it is there to reduce the glare on the driver if someone in the backseat wants to use the map lights at night. You could probably just pop it off.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:ninja: I got it, after looking at it better I realized that it wasn't stuck/glued together. The thin metal on it was crimped to the little nipples popping coming out the lens for support. :shake:

0606111104.jpg

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll get those for ya when it get's dark Travis and send them over to yeah asap! Thanks again for everything man! :shake: :cheers: :worship:

·
Chaoss
215 Posts
EZS, where did you get the lights for the dome? I was looking to do this exact same thing to my 03 Yukon.
Looking to go hyper white on the dome lights, and the 4 door lights. Are the door lights 168 bulbs?

thanks

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
I hate the dome light on the OBS's its basically white.

Anyone know where to find a clear one for the OBS?

·
TTG shawty
3,101 Posts
got any pics yet i want to do this?

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,393 Posts
could you convert it to a nbs suv dome light? it would be way brighter
that's the same light that comes in the suv's.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EZS, where did you get the lights for the dome? I was looking to do this exact same thing to my 03 Yukon.
Looking to go hyper white on the dome lights, and the 4 door lights. Are the door lights 168 bulbs?

thanks
Superbrightleds.com bro

·
Chaoss
215 Posts
EZ, did you change out the map lights? The two bulbs by the passenger and driver top side? I have a 2003 yukon and can't find a way to take the bulbs out to replace. I took the lens off but have a hard time pulling out the tiny bulb

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
EZ, did you change out the map lights? The two bulbs by the passenger and driver top side? I have a 2003 yukon and can't find a way to take the bulbs out to replace. I took the lens off but have a hard time pulling out the tiny bulb
I did man, if you check out my album you can see the difference. They should just pull out and push in though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts