GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05' 5.3L with magnaflow headerback exhaust and currently a very mild tune through EFILIVE. Just wondering where everyone thinks I should go now as far as getting the absolute most power without a serious power adder, i.e. forced induction. Does anyone run water/meth on a N/A motor? Let's hear those ideas. And if anyone is running EFILIVE, PM me and we can maybe share some tunes? Thanks!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Camshaft.

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
Whats the rest of your drivetrain look like? What kind of truck is it and what type of driving do you do with it? :blah:

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
cam, heads, rollers, rockers, shift kit, stall, etc

just a couple ways to get more power without doing any forced induction.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
yeah, welcome to the site!

I'd say get some long-tube headers (or midlengths, but NO shorties), and a nice bumpstick and some push-rods and springs.

But.... when you say "absolute most power", do you mean it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the truck is an 05 5.3L 4WD crew cab. Header-back magnaflow. Stock gears, stock 4l60e right now, although I'm gonna start out with a Transgo and corvette servo. Eventually I might drop a 4l80 in but that will also be when the boost comes (which is also well down the road right now) whether it be an STS kit or an undecided supercharger. Right now I kinda just wanna see what's the most I could get out of the motor without forced induction. I tow a 5000 lb boat, and other than that it's a hunting/fishing vehicle since I use the work truck as my "daily driver". I'm gonna be doing a new brake kit soon, and I've done plenty of "pretty" work to the exterior but that's well off topic. What cam would you guys recommend? I also do the tuning my own so every time I do something to the motor I retune it. Thanks for the help.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Well the truck is an 05 5.3L 4WD crew cab. Header-back magnaflow. Stock gears, stock 4l60e right now, although I'm gonna start out with a Transgo and corvette servo. Eventually I might drop a 4l80 in but that will also be when the boost comes (which is also well down the road right now) whether it be an STS kit or an undecided supercharger. Right now I kinda just wanna see what's the most I could get out of the motor without forced induction. I tow a 5000 lb boat, and other than that it's a hunting/fishing vehicle since I use the work truck as my "daily driver". I'm gonna be doing a new brake kit soon, and I've done plenty of "pretty" work to the exterior but that's well off topic. What cam would you guys recommend? I also do the tuning my own so every time I do something to the motor I retune it. Thanks for the help.

Vastly different plans you have setup there... N/A or boosted, and two different styles of boost at that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well it's just thoughts going through my head, the only reason i'll supercharge it is if I get a deal. I'm 99% sure I'm either doing an STS or a Livernois kit with a GT35... ish. Nonetheless, I'm probably gonna wait a while.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
well it's just thoughts going through my head, the only reason i'll supercharge it is if I get a deal. I'm 99% sure I'm either doing an STS or a Livernois kit with a GT35... ish. Nonetheless, I'm probably gonna wait a while.

Then you'll end up changing most of your setup again. Converter has to be stalled differently, cams are diff between boost and N/A, etc.

Just consider this before you drop cash one way or the other.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts