I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is you AVG MPG when driving you best mine is 11.3
I am trying to prove a pointe

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
My 04 2500HD's DIC says avg MPG is 14.8, but since I've had it for a little over a month, I haven't gotten a tank better than 10.3, low was 9.8, so I don't know where the DIC is coming up with 14.8...hope this helps :D

·
U-Turn Master
239 Posts
11-12 in town. Lots of stop and go and a little hot rodding. Zero Hwy. Got 14.5 on a 400 mile trip before the tune, should be a touch better now.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am starting to think there is some thing wrong with my truck the best i get in town is 8-11MPG

·
U-Turn Master
239 Posts
wait until you install that new cam.:evil:

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Am Going To Get The Shit Tuned Out Of It So We Will See

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
maybe my friend wasn't bullshitting after all?

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Also Think It Might Me The Ca. Smog Shit Might Fuck With It 2 I Dont Know

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
a local buddy of mine with a 2500 with the 8.1 says he gets 10 mpg roughly..
I'd believe that. The 8.1's are hugeass gas hogs. There was a guy with a sts'ed 8.1L(burnt to the ground 2 days ago) and he used to get 6 mpg.

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
I keep a spreadsheet to track my mpg. Very cold weather and snow it's as low as 7.5 mpg, warm weather city it's as high as 10.5 mpg. Warm weather highway a little over 11 mpg. On average thought, normally 8.5 - 10 mpg depending on my driving.
-TK

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
finaly some PPL telling the truth thanks StuckInTime and GMC HD 4x4 every one i know that has the 1500HD or a 2500HD w/t 6.0L gets around 8-10 in town and 11-14 on freeway

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
finaly some PPL telling the truth thanks StuckInTime and GMC HD 4x4 every one i know that has the 1500HD or a 2500HD w/t 6.0L gets around 8-10 in town and 11-14 on freeway
That sounds normal from what I've experienced and read. -TK

·
HUNTING
941 Posts

Just because its what you want to hear its automatically the truth? There is no reason your non-lifted 1500 HD should not be getting at least 15mpg on the highway. Less weight than a 2500 HD with all the power. :guns:

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Just because its what you want to hear its automatically the truth? There is no reason your non-lifted 1500 HD should not be getting at least 15mpg on the highway. Less weight than a 2500 HD with all the power. :guns:
their overdrive gear isn't the same as ours. They cruise at a much higher rpm than us with equivalent rear end gears.

However I find it hard to believe that everybody on a stock truck is seeing less than 10 mpg in town.

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
Check www.fueleconomy.gov for their estimates and reports from other users. The 2500HD's aren't rated very well stock. Given that they come with tiny tires (245's) and either 3.73 or 4.10 gears this makes sense. That's not to say that you can't modify the vehicle to get better mileage, but these 6.0's are gas hogs no matter how you look at it.

My truck gets worse gas mileage than most, but it's got stock gearing, big tires, it's heavier than stock (add-ons, toolbox, etc.), and the lift makes the air flow on the highway worse than normal. It wasn't built to get good gas mileage, so it is what it is. I have noticed big swings in gas mileage depending on the weather and my driving conditions. However, for anybody claiming to be getting over 15 mpg with their 2500HD I would have to see it to believe it. -TK

1 - 20 of 78 Posts