GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All owners with a bone stock Bose radio in 03 - 06 trucks. When you fade all the way to the back speakers do you still get sound from the middle sub? In my 06 Sierra if I fade all the wa to the rear I still get a little sound from the front door speakers, as well as the sub.

thanks!

Mr. 960

·
Banned
36 Posts
I have a 04 with the Bose 6-disc changer system.
I have the standard mid-bass in the doors, and tweeters on the A-pillars. Rears are the same (as far as i know)
Sub-woofers are a mono signal. Typically, they are off a seperate channel. You should still have sound no matter where the fronts or rears are attenuated.
I was not aware of a subwoofer in my truck.
Where is yours located?
Jay

·
Registered
162 Posts
you get a little bit of a signal to it, but i had a weird problem the other day where the front speakers cut out when i leaned on the console(i had a pinched wire) but the rear speakers were same volume but the sub was louder than usuall. i fixed the problem and faded to the rear to see if the bass was still there and it faded with the speakers

·
Registered
605 Posts
My wifes 2003 Yukon with Bose. I don't think it has a sub?

·
GMFS Member
845 Posts
I think the subs for the yukons is in the back on the side. May be one in the console as well:think::think:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
FYI

In the aftermarket, some subwoofer pre-outs can be labeled as "NF" which means No Fade. This might tie into the meaning here as they probably incorporated this.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so the 6.5" sub in the middle console should always be on? no matter where you fade? Any one els want to try it on there truck?

thanks!

Mr. 960

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
so the 6.5" sub in the middle console should always be on? no matter where you fade? Any one els want to try it on there truck?

thanks!

Mr. 960
it sums its signal from the front and rear I think

1 - 10 of 10 Posts