GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my tune installed today and all I can say is DAMN. My truck was pretty slow before but now its woken up! Shifts firmer than ever (including the HPP3 firm shift) and has tons of power. I could hardly roast my tires around a corner before and now I dont even have to try! I hit it when I was rolling at 20 or so, and my back end squated down so much from the power I snapped a sway bar end link in 2!!!! It was banged up and ready to go anyways but still.....DAMN!!! Allen, im comming to SA to get a 93 octane tune as soon as I got time! :rocking:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Im telling you, a nice tune woke mine up good... Im very impressed... I just ordered my brother one for his b-day so now we will have 2 nelsons tunned in the family...LOL

·
Registered
658 Posts
hell yeah the tune rocks.......

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ok I know there is a web site to find out about Nelson Tunes but I was just wanting to know what kind of prices im looking at for the new Nelson tune/programmer?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can have it shipped, next tank illlet you know if i get better MPG. Big D said he noticed a good gain if he could keep his foot outa it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok since the tranmission shifts firmer would you have to upgrade ur transmission or something? cuz ithink you gonna start breaking things up ..
im still very intrested in geting mine done :bowtie: :bowtie: :bowtie:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
CHEVROLET said:
ok since the tranmission shifts firmer would you have to upgrade ur transmission or something? cuz ithink you gonna start breaking things up ..
im still very intrested in geting mine done :bowtie: :bowtie: :bowtie:
Actually, as far as I know its better to have the tranny shift firmer, within reason. Having it bark the tires every time you shift to second gear would be bad, but having it shift firmer than stock is better for it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts