GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I like 'em white
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be pretty active on here 10plus years ago. Had a 04 sierra I spent way too much money on. Eventually I sold it (still miss it). Had a Jetta TDI, Ford Fusion, then settled into an F150 for about 7 years. Sold that in December and had a 22 Colorado duramax z71 but couldn’t deal with the small size as much as I thought I could. So I got this 22 RST Duramax 1500 on Thursday. What are we calling this generation now?

plans are level, wheels and tires, tint ceramic coat and a few minor cosmetic changes. Maybe de-badge.

·
Some dude on the internet
1,573 Posts
I used to be pretty active on here 10plus years ago. Had a 04 sierra I spent way too much money on. Eventually I sold it (still miss it). Had a Jetta TDI, Ford Fusion, then settled into an F150 for about 7 years. Sold that in December and had a 22 Colorado duramax z71 but couldn’t deal with the small size as much as I thought I could. So I got this 22 RST Duramax 1500 on Thursday. What are we calling this generation now?
View attachment 877678
plans are level, wheels and tires, tint ceramic coat and a few minor cosmetic changes. Maybe de-badge.
T1 or T1xx is what the new platform is. How do you like that new interior?

·
I like 'em white
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
initial thoughts on the duramax?
Overall I love it. It’s not a trypical diesel, quick(er) revving, more linear and higher power band than my Colorado and my dads 05 HD, likes to cruise 75-80, sounds kind of unique and really smooth too. Only have about 130miles on it so hoping to get a little boost in mpg. Right now I’m sitting in high teens Touching low 20s in a rolling 25 mile avg mixed city and highway with some hills.

·
Registered
8,418 Posts
Overall I love it. It’s not a trypical diesel, quick(er) revving, more linear and higher power band than my Colorado and my dads 05 HD, likes to cruise 75-80, sounds kind of unique and really smooth too. Only have about 130miles on it so hoping to get a little boost in mpg. Right now I’m sitting in high teens Touching low 20s in a rolling 25 mile avg mixed city and highway with some hills.
1/2 ton diesels have piqued my interest as of late so i appreciate the comments.

·
Some dude on the internet
1,573 Posts
The 3.0 is the one thing I miss about my 21 Sierra. Fantastic engine. That refresh almost has me jonesing to go back to GM though. If only they had an onboard generator like my F150.

·
I like 'em white
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Nice, so next week is lift/wheels/tires. On the right track
find me some gunners or predators haha. I’m actually considering the BMF payback or whatever they’re calling them now. Want something polished or chrome again

The 3.0 is the one thing I miss about my 21 Sierra. Fantastic engine. That refresh almost has me jonesing to go back to GM though. If only they had an onboard generator like my F150.
My buddy just got a tremor with the power boost but it’s the small battery so he can’t plug in… I think.. he loves it good trucks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts