GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shopping around for a lift kit for my 2001 Suburban lately. I got on 4wheelparts webstie and did some shopping last week. I clicked on the FabTech 6" kit for my SUV and it listed a special price of $895. This was a sale price along with some promo code that came up on its own. I figured that this was either a good deal or a mistake on the website. Reguardless, I placed the order.

The order went through and within minutes the money was taken out of my account. The next day I checked on the status of the order on their website and it showed in process. Three days later I get a phone call on my cell phone from a number I didnt reconize it so let it go to voicemail. It was 4Wheelparts saying they wanted me to call them back. So before calling them, I checked on my order, no changes, check my bank account, the money is back. So I call them. The guy on the phone informs me that the lift kit for my Suburban is not in stock and they wont be able to get it for four to five months. He also tells me that due to their policy, the order will be canceled and when the part comes in, it will be placed again, but it will be at regular price. Just over $1600. He says the price I paid was wrong anyway and this is how is was going to be.

I guess it took three to four days for them to come up with some sort of B.S. excuse not to give me the kit at that price. Right after I got off the phone with him, I called the local store they have here. I inquired about the lift kit availability. He put me on hold to check. He came back and said it was available and that he could have the kit for me in a couple days. A four to five month wait huh???? I told him what happened and even he said that it was B.S.

I'm sure if they gave me the kit at the price advertised, they may of lost a few bucks on it. But probably not much, if anything considering the amount of product they carry from FabTech. But they would of had a happy repeat customer. I still need wheels, tires and a gear ratio change. I most likely would have had the ratio change done by them. So in the end they still would of made a profit off of me. I guess not now. Especially since they flat out lied to me. If they would had told me that they made a mistake and the price on the site was wrong and they could'nt honor it, I would not of been happy, but at least they would of been truthfull.

·
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup.... there aren't really too many people praising 4wp around here. too bad you couldn't get the kit at that price:pissed:
I definatley will be shopping elsewhere when I decide to get my lift kit. Just gotta keep shoping I guess.

BTW, a full size, unedited pic of you avatar would help ease the pain:D

·
Rollin' in the BIG HOG
1,316 Posts
Typical 4wp BS! They suck! IMO, not worth the few dollars of savings to deal with their crap. They always f*** things up. I've placed 2 orders with them and they were both messed up badly and the customer service was terrible.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
i hate those bastards. They wouldn install my cepek kit bc I didn't buy it from them. I did have them install my gears which I will always regret but they were the only place able to do it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
i hate those bastards. They wouldn install my cepek kit bc I didn't buy it from them. I did have them install my gears which I will always regret but they were the only place able to do it.
Did you get the one in Memphis to do it? How much did they charge you to do the front? I'm having a hard time finding some one to do it.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with the 4 Wheel Parts in West Houston.. I've bought one lift through them and had them install it, and i've bought another lift from a place where I work, and installed it there, and I've called them with questions multiple times and they do well. Sounds like they're falling apart everywhere else though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sounds like: "F'in bitches! I hate them! But I will have them do the work to my truck anyway."

What is the logic there? Are you going to tell me that in Memphis TN they are the only ones that can install gears? I think not...

·
Registered
889 Posts
Sounds like: "F'in bitches! I hate them! But I will have them do the work to my truck anyway."

What is the logic there? Are you going to tell me that in Memphis TN they are the only ones that can install gears? I think not...
I can say that not many places in Memphis like working on 4x4s. No where in Memphis would put my suspension lift on because it had a body lift except for one place that wanted 1500 to cover the liability.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I can say that not many places in Memphis like working on 4x4s. No where in Memphis would put my suspension lift on because it had a body lift except for one place that wanted 1500 to cover the liability.
bring it down to augusta and ill cut you a deal.

·
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok guys, looks like I have some extra cash. Where do I buy a 6" kit for my 2WD 2001 Suburban? I can spend roughly $1400. I want something that doesnt requires any fabrication. Some cutting or drilling is OK. I'm thinking about the ProComp. Do you recommend the one that uses knuckes or not?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I have the Pro Comp 5" Knuckle kit on my 2001 Silverado Z-71.. I don't have any complaints with it and it's been on there for about a year. The 5" kit turned out to be a 6 1/2" lift but who's going to complain about an additional 1 1/2" for free? 4 Wheel Parts will usually give you a better deal on anything Pro Comp because it's all the same company so you're still getting a good kit for a relatively inexpensive price.

·
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe I should go down their local shop and see if the customer service is any better than online.

·
GMFS Uber-Member
688 Posts
It seems like you have to find the good ones. I think they're franchise, or kind of, but it might just be the employees at each one. Friends have had decent experiences at some of the local ones, but I've heard other horror stories like this before. Some guy ordered like a power package, hypertech w/intake and exhaust, with his wheels and only got the wheels and they were wrong and it was so much trouble he ended up just cancelling the order and sending back the wheels.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.