GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/1298

Anyone have any input on this? I dont want to spend alot on one and love the black with blue buttons look. Not to crazy on the alpine models above with the green buttons and shit... going for looks and want a mp3 player... I think I may order this if no one has any bad things to say about it...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
its a great unit...

i personally an eclipse guy, but i've had a bunch of eclipse, alpine and pioneer decks. Eclipse doesn't make a deck thats cheap that plays MP3s, so i would definitely get the pioneer :rocking:

i'd spend more money on my HU, b/c in the end, its what ur gonna see all the time. So you mind as wheel buy a nice one.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
I know this is more $$$ But I love the look of this one tell me what you think....

http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/1732

HOLY DONKEY NUTS thats my HU and i paid over $600 for it! Dam I was ripped. Its an awesome unit! I dont have a single complaint about it and will try to keep it for another 5 years like my other Premier unit before this one

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
Well they dont have an eclipse that is around $500 that plays mp3's?
their lower end units play MP3s... their higher end units, such as their 5 volts, need the eclipse commander to play MP3s. Its supposed to have something that restores the signal quality. The 5 volt eclipse is only 300 bucks now. Car Audio Mag rated as being one of the best headunits you could buy for the money.

I have no idea how much the commander is.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I could swing that, but then I wouldnt be able to get anything else...LOL

I have thought abou a screen vs like seats and a head unit, and think that a lesser head unit with no screen and katskins is a better way to go...

So for now I think I may go with that pioneer... Anyone had problems from Ike-sound? Or know where I can get that for the best price?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
Well I could swing that, but then I wouldnt be able to get anything else...LOL

I have thought abou a screen vs like seats and a head unit, and think that a lesser head unit with no screen and katskins is a better way to go...

So for now I think I may go with that pioneer... Anyone had problems from Ike-sound? Or know where I can get that for the best price?
you might be able to do better if you go to a wholesaler. I never asked about getting that unit, but usually the wholesale for about what it is on ebay, less the shipping.

But if ur seriously thinking about getting a screen, you can get a Pioneer 6400CD for like 620 on ebay now. Its not that much more... but it doesn't play MP3s. A bunch of my friends have that unit, and its relatively easy to use. THen if you ever want to add dvd and mp3 you could use one of the aux channels to run them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ive got a 9815 and its definitely a great head unit. its got every feature i could ask for and more, but ive been waiting on that iva-300 to come out :worship: so i actually might be getting rid of it pretty soon :evillol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts