GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Team Volvo
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What parts/install kits would I need to put an Alpine CDA 9857 into a SCSB Ram?

Thanks
Cam

·
Team Volvo
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So John If I am reading this right I will need:

BKCDK648 Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep (most vehicles) 2004-Up - New Style Radios - ISO mount radios - w/ pocket $29.95

BHA1818 Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep 2002-Up - Aftermarket Radio $19.95

BHO1818 Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep 2002-Up - O.E.M. Radio $19.95

BAA20 Chrysler, GM 2007, Ford 2006-07 - Aftermarket Radio $19.95

CHYAH05 2005-06 Chrysler CAN BUS Add-A-Head (will only work if one of the following model numbers is on the face of the radio: REF, REC, RAQ or RAK) $149.95

Is this stuff what I need. The basic stuff is a dash kit, wiring harness, and antenna adapter. All I need is the stuff to go from factory head unit to alpine. Please advise me on what I should need.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
I haven't done an aftermarket radio in an 06+ Dodge Ram yet, but you'll only need one harness. The BHO is not required. That's the plug that would go into the factory radio. The Add a head is only if you're radio has REF, REC, RAQ or RAK on the faceplate. If those aren't on the face, you need the BHA-1818 harness.

In total, you'll only need 3 parts: dash kit, harness or add-a-head, and antenna adaptor. I can get you those parts if you need them.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
most of those should need just the dash kit, ant. adaptor and wiring harness. If it has the infinity system, have fun! Those need either a rewire around the factory amp, or an add-a-head box as the signal coming out the radio is fixed and is only 4 wires not the usual 8. The amp behind the glovebox does all the volume adjustments and fader/balance. Trying to patch into it can and will lock it up forcing you to reset it with the factory radio being put back in. PM me if you need parts

·
Team Volvo
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will let one of you guys know. The truck is base so there is no Infinity System, as far as I know.

·
Registered
627 Posts
and you don't really have to do the can bus if you don't want, Ive done tons of new Dodges without them I just run a acc wire from the fuse box under the hood, put an inline fuse in it and your good to go, the only draw back is that, the radio will only work when the engine is runnig, so I tell people that, most don't have a problem with it because they don't want to spennd 120+ on a harness, I have never had one come back on me with any problems just one more option if you don't want to spend a lot on a harness

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
and you don't really have to do the can bus if you don't want, Ive done tons of new Dodges without them I just run a acc wire from the fuse box under the hood, put an inline fuse in it and your good to go, the only draw back is that, the radio will only work when the engine is runnig, so I tell people that, most don't have a problem with it because they don't want to spennd 120+ on a harness, I have never had one come back on me with any problems just one more option if you don't want to spend a lot on a harness
one problem with that Ive heard of. By not having the radio "talk" back to the computer system it sets a "soft code" everytime you turn the key on/off. After 50-60 of these its sets a real code and the dash light comes on. I havent seen it, just heard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts