GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a complete JL Audio system in my truck currently running through the stock HU and JL Cleansweep. I thought I would be happy enough with it (for theft deterrence reasons), but I just think it can sound so much better. After alot of reading, I've decided against a DD install and want to go with the Alpine CDA-9887. I've got a friend looking to buy a new HU as well, so I'm trying to get him to buy the same unit, and then we'll go in halves on the IMPRINT kit so we can both benefit from it.

Anyone have experience with new Alpine units and IMPRINT? Everything I've read really seems to be positive, especially when paired up together. I've read that it seems to setup the bass pretty low, but I've read you can "trick" that without much problem.

Any and all opinions are welcome!

·
-Consistantly Retarded-
624 Posts
Imprint is a nice piece of equipment

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully I'll pull the trigger this weekend

Anyone else with any experience with either piece?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I have owned/operated Imprint since it was released with the PXE-H650. I now have the 9887. Please let me know of any questions you have about it.

I love mine, I compete in SQ and used the Imprint to win many competitions.

If you'd like to do an advanced search for my posts containing imprint, I've been thru this several times on here IIRC. EDIT: nvm, it was in PM's.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
whats this whole "imprint" thing? is it a little microphone that listens to some repeating tone to gather timing information and such? kind of like on a surround sound system at home?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
whats this whole "imprint" thing? is it a little microphone that listens to some repeating tone to gather timing information and such? kind of like on a surround sound system at home?
Yes, it's a system that uses a microphone and plays frequency sweeps through all the speakers to learn more about positioning, delay, and frequency response.

The same company that developed the Imprint with Alpine, Audyssey Labs, developed their system for Denon's home receivers and the tuning process is the same.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
WAY WORTH IT! I love the Imprint, just dont wanna use the any of the Alpine DD units

1 - 10 of 10 Posts