GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
That looks like a really nice entry level headunit man, but if you look around maybe at onlinecarstereo.com or on ebay you might get a better model with more functions for around the same money.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What other functions would it have? I dont wanna play mp3's or nuthin, and i dont want a flip down. I figured it would be a good one, especially since im only runnin one 12 and a 400 watt amp.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Well the higher level headunits would have 4volt preouts so your amp would get a stronger signal but it sounds like that's a pretty good headunit for what you are looking for man.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Id never buy a HU that is under $200 at a circuit city/best buy type store, they are usually quite limited and not very adjustable. goto onlinecarstereo.com or etronics.com and get something atleast in the $150-200 range from a place like that because the same model from them would be 200-250 and maybe higher at places like circuit city

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
as always , you get what you pay for and places online change like the wind and usually you dont get a warranty because they arent certified to carry some products. Sams club had issues awhile back cuz they had Sony Wegas , but no warranty

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
green beast said:
So do you think this Hu is not good quality?
of course it is, it's still made by alpine. i think the consensus is that it's just an entry-level unit compared to some of the stuff alpine offers. but for $125 i'd have bought it if that's what i was looking for.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Pioneer p4600 is a great deck that comes with remote, flip face and MP3's as well for about 170 or less. I can get it to you for around 125 + shipping!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Alpine makes good stuff, I've VERY pleased with that 7998 from them I have.

I'd look online for sure for a higher end HU for the same price. etonics.com I think is where I got my 7998, paid like $550 when it was $800 retail.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
goto etronics.com to get one...i was skeptical at first cuz my alpine 9813 MSRP'd at 400$ and they were selling it for 289$...but i bought it and it was brand new and had a factory warranty...i love my alpine and as funk flex says "BE CLEAH FUNK FLEX ALPINE DONT MESS WITH THE BEST...JL AUDIO...ALPINE...TEAM BAUTWELL, YEAAAAA BOOIIII" haha

·
LIKE WHOA!!!
584 Posts
that 9821 will be fine from circuit city. I work at an authorized Alpine dealer in my town, and that is basically the entry level alpine. In fact, i just put one in my aunt's car. It is great for a basic cd player. it has a preout, so you can use your amp, BUT you may lose your rears, im not sure. Anyways, buy it from circuit city, because if you have any problems, you can take it right back, you wont have to deal with shipping it back to etronics and all that baloney. Trust me, its worth it for a little bit more money to feel safe. -Ryan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts