GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any of you have alpine headunits and how do you like them. I was thinking purchasing one but i just wanted to know the pros and cons of them.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
hell, all ive ever bought is alpine... i love it, the styling , the options.. EVERYTHING! i'm going to purchase another one for this truck when i have the chance.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
If you like XM Alpine has a new deck that has a built in tuner. So all you would have to have is an antenna for it and you're set. And I don't think it costs but around $250 or so.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I heard that they are really good units but all i have ever ran is pioneer premiers so I didn't really know how good they are.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
BuiltNotBought99 said:
Thanks guys I heard that they are really good units but all i have ever ran is pioneer premiers so I didn't really know how good they are.
That's what I have now. Pioneer has new deck coming out pretty soon that's pretty bad and kinda strange looking. A friend of mine showed me a pic of it last week but now I can't find anything on it anywhere on the web. All I know is that it has a big ole knob on it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i just got an alpine CDA9813 last week....and damn i love it...i bought it at circuit city and for some reason they had a price mix up and i got it for 299.99 it was supposed to be 399.99 i didn't say anything and i quietly walked away happy

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
If you like XM Alpine has a new deck that has a built in tuner. So all you would have to have is an antenna for it and you're set. And I don't think it costs but around $250 or so.
i almost bought that one 'till i found out it didn't play MP3s. alpine decks are good, though. if you're on a budget you can score a late model 7894 for around $200, now that was a hell of a headunit.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yeah that's the only thing I didn't like about that one. I need one to play MP3's!

·
Registered
639 Posts
MP3's the new CD CHANGER of choice....LOL So question, how many GB's of mp3's do you have?

Me? I have somewhere over 90GB's of mp3's.....is that too much?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I have somewhere at 175 GB of MP3's. So yeah I need a deck that'll play MP3's!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts