GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across an 03-06 CHEVY SILVERADO TAHOE SPEEDOMETER CLUSTER BEZEL on ebay. After I win the bid on this what all else do I have to do before I get it installed?

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
maybe im a lil slow, but what does this have to do with the Alpine double din?

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
01s dont have double dins. Instead of cutting my dash I was just gonna get a new dash and drop down my ac controls alittle

i heard that your gonna need the whole radio frame from an 03-05 to make it work
I maybe able to get that from a junkyard

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
I think you can use the 03+ bezel... The plastic directly above the climate control that's between that and the radio has to be cut out.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
The details are lame, but here's what I can tell from it:

He has an IVA-W200
He wants to install it in his 01 Tahoe
He found a 2003+ bezel

What else will he have to do install the IVA-W200 in his 01 Tahoe, other than getting the dash bezel?

Correct?

·
Banned
3,061 Posts

He has an IVA-W200
He found a 2003+ bezel

What else will he have to do install the IVA-W200 in his 01 Tahoe, other than getting the dash bezel?

Correct?
mmmk, I have a bad headache so Im not thinking that deep about it right now. Makes sence.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
dam guys, I got it the first time, maybe its a southern thing

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

He has an IVA-W200
He found a 2003+ bezel

Correct?
correct. sorry I wasnt very detailed last night. I was tired

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the IVA-W200 has Navaigation Input. What does that mean? There's an adapter for it to run Navigation?

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
the IVA-W200 has Navaigation Input. What does that mean? There's an adapter for it to run Navigation?
Yea, but the navigation (Alpine NVE-N872A) for it is like $1,700 on top of the W200 cost. You would be better of just getting a Pioneer Avic-Z1.

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, but the navigation (Alpine NVE-N872A) for it is like $1,700 on top of the W200 cost. You would be better of just getting a Pioneer Avic-Z1.
ahh ok, thanks. A guy here at work was curious. I have a garmin so I wouldnt need it. but he was curious because he is thinking about getting it.

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright I just called a car audio place and he said I would have to do the fiberglass route and cut my dash bezel and everything to get the alpine unit in. He says it would cost about 1500 :insane: . So even if I buy the 03 - 05 dash bezel and drop down my ac control unit it still wont fit and do a custom bracket? :think:

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I need pictures of this unit in

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Alright I just called a car audio place and he said I would have to do the fiberglass route and cut my dash bezel and everything to get the alpine unit in. He says it would cost about 1500 :insane: . So even if I buy the 03 - 05 dash bezel and drop down my ac control unit it still wont fit and do a custom bracket? :think:
thats stupidly high, even brand new that piece is like $275 plus some work to make it right, $1500 is a rip

1 - 18 of 18 Posts