GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Anchorman
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's my day off, so I'm sitting here checking out the latest Lift/Wheels/Tires sstuff trying to make up my mind. I plan on ordering the Full Throttle 9.5" Suspension lift, with a 3" PA Body lift to clear 36" IROKS. I plan on getting the 2.5 Kings with remote reservoirs, how do these shocks ride/hold up? I definitely am not using the truck for off-road, but as an advertisement for my business, and to pull my car. Are the IROKS in a 13.5 width going to stick out far enough from the truck where it looks "right"? I don't want it to look too narrow from behind/front. Also-I am gonna have to re-gear definitely, so would 4.56's be enough, or should I step up to 4.88's?

My next question is, since they aren't using blocks, but spring packs, I shouldn't have axle wrap problems, or "feelings" of axle wrap when I accelerate from a stop, am I right?

Thirdly-How do you think my truck would look? It's an Summit White '03 RCSB, debadged billet grille and bowtie, and my windows are already 5% all the way around.

Thanks Guys,
Jason

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I think that trucks going to look badass. The way your tires stick out the sides is more determined by the wheel backspacing than the width of the tire. As for gears I think 4.56's would be best. King shocks are what most ppl consider the best shocks you can get, they are def way up there in quality. Just make sure you get them valved right for your truck. I have a set of deaver spring packs on my truck and it actually took some axle wrap out.

·
Anchorman
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pro's-Con's of double shock hoops?

I am going to need the truck to have a somewhat stiffer than stock ride to it, as when I tow my pressure washer, the truck as it is now, sits ass down about an inch or so when the machine is full of all chemicals/fluids.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Ron Burgandy said:
Pro's-Con's of double shock hoops?
for a street truck it's kinda overkill especially if you are running res shocks. the reason for running double shock is the help dispate heat when the shock is moving up and down rapidly like in desert racing. one shock will heat up faster and have a shorter life where as two shocks are sharing the duty so the shocks don't heat up as fast. this is a truck geiser bros. is building and the coilover with a 3 or more tube bypass is a pretty common set up.

Ron Burgandy said:
I am going to need the truck to have a somewhat stiffer than stock ride to it, as when I tow my pressure washer, the truck as it is now, sits ass down about an inch or so when the machine is full of all chemicals/fluids.
you can fix that with an add-a-leaf or a helper spring or even and airbag setup

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Here is my truck with 10" of lift on 36-12.50. So with 2.5 more inches I think it would look bad ass with the wider 36-13.50. I have seen the 36-13.50 in person on a jeep and they was alot wider then mine. I say go for it. It will be real big... LOL Sitting around 50" from ground to fender is big enough for me IMO....

IMGP0629.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts