GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
04HEMI said:
So the wiring diagram I posted above would be incorrect to get 2ohms out of the setup I am planning to get? The subs will be dual 2ohm voice coil w/ the 600.1 amp. Does anybody have a wiring diagram that would show the correct wiring configuration that would be used w/ this setup to be at 2ohms? I just dont understand the difference in wiring a 1, 2, 4 channel amp. Is it just the difference in number of power outputs? I just want to make sure the 600.1 will work good for my application and the finished product will sound good. Thanks for all the info and advice.

Thanks,
Will
The wiring diagram you posted is correct for the setup you have just stated.
The SoundDomain diagrams are a bit easier to read:

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok great. I am about to order the amp right now. I will get the subs from my local shop. Why do they even classify the amps as 1,2,4? Just to show how many different outputs or channels they have? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different amount of channels?

On another note, how do you guys think this will sound? Correct me if Im wrong, but w/ them wired this way to the 600.1 amp, both subs will be pushin around 300watts each right?

Thanks again for all the info.

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
Which subs are you getting?

Not all amps can handle a 1 Ohm load. Most will handle 2 and 4, but you usually see a price difference with an amp that will go 1 Ohm...as well the jump to DVCs usually adds a few $, and as you go up in Ohm load of the subs too (this help you wire multiple subs at a lower load into the amp).
The lower you go on the ohm load your amp can STABLY support, the higher power output it will produce at that level.
Example:
If your amp could support a 1 Ohm load @ 1000w x 1
You would see somthing like a 2 Ohm load @ 500w x 1
and probably around a 4 Ohm load @ 250 x 1

So if your goal was to take advantage of that 1 Ohm capability, you'd have to get two 4 Ohm DVCs. You could get two 6 Ohm DVCs which would wire up to 1.5 Ohms as well, but you wouldn't get as much power from the amp.

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I just ordered the 600.1 JBL amp that runs the 600x1 at 2ohms, 300x1 at 4ohms. I will be getting 2 10" Alpine Type Rs w/ dual voice coils at 2ohms also. The amp is optimized for 2 ohms as are the subs, but the amp is 1ohm stable, so it should not be a big deal at all to run at 2.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.