GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the sudden I have horrible alternator whine through my speakers..it came out of nowhere..I have a new Pioneer 4100 DD and run my ipod through it with the cord i bought from them. It happens on ipod, cd, radio etc..what could of caused it? I know a bad ground is normally the issue, but why would it have started all the sudden?

Also a week ago i noticed i get a crackling, static noise through my pass. door speaker. What would cause this to randomly happen? sometimes it stays for a few minutes, sometimes a few seconds..this also happens on radio, ipod, cd etc..

should i go through and check all my wire connections in the back again? could something have came loose?

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
loose wires, bad grounds, voodoo

remember in a car all the grounds go to the same place so there can be a lot of chances for electrical interference

check everything. twice.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
sounds like a bad ground on the alternator whining and a bad connection on the speaker wire for the static, my truck does the same thing on the pass rear because either the preout on my amp or headunit is goin out. i'm hoping it's the amp since i bought if off ebay and i really like my headunit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts