GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've got 315/75/16s on 16x8 xtreme alloys. If I take the tires off and mount them on a 16x10 wheel, will I rub a whole lot more than I already am? by the way, I've got a 6" fabtech kit and the torsion bars are not cranked. I'll consider installing ford keys if this will help me fit these wheels. Thanks again for the help ahead of time.
J

·
Registered
724 Posts
You shouldn't rub with a 4WD only with a 2WD. My cousins got a 95' Silverado with a 6" suspension lift and 3" body. Hes running a 15x12 inch rim on 35x14.50 superswampers. No rubbing. Yull be find.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
If you already rub then yes, you will rub more than before. The wider the wheel the more its going to rub, all there is to it. You can crank your bars up some and trim to help solve this.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
dreamrr said:
You shouldn't rub with a 4WD only with a 2WD. My cousins got a 95' Silverado with a 6" suspension lift and 3" body. Hes running a 15x12 inch rim on 35x14.50 superswampers. No rubbing. Yull be find.

wtf. i dont think any of this could be more IRrelavant. a 2wd obs with 6 inches of lift and 35s will rub badly, because a 4x4 does in some situations.
your cousin has 3 more inches of lift. thats a BIG DEAL. so totally different senario.

Lokoh- i imagine you are rubbing whenever you turn into driveways at any kind of speed. thats how i rubbed when i had the same exact combo you have now on my 94.

if you go to 10 inch rims you will have a lot more rubbing than you do now. you could trim or do a body lift tho. either will solve it. think about it this way. with 16x10s the ENTIRE tread of the tire will move 1 inch out. that doesnt seem like much, but turn your wheel all the way to the left and go look at the driver front tire......the tread will probably be far enough under the sheet metal to bend the heck out of it if you hit a bump while turned.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Jeff said:
wtf. i dont think any of this could be more IRrelavant.

first off you cousin has 3 more inches of lift. thats a BIG DEAL. so totally different senario.

Lokoh- i imagine you are rubbing whenever you turn into driveways at any kind of speed. thats how i rubbed when i had the same exact combo you have now on my 94.

if you go to 10 inch rims you will have a lot more rubbing than you do now. you could trim or do a body lift tho. either will solve it
I no its not the same lift but I was using him as an example, he only got 9 inches and his rims and tires are super wide. So in this case it should be fine with the width hes going. :flame:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
dreamrr said:
I no its not the same lift but I was using him as an example, he only got 9 inches and his rims and tires are super wide. So in this case it should be fine with the width hes going. :flame:
Not to sound like an ass, but know what your talking about before you give advice, he WILL rub, he said he does now, so putting wider rims on means he will even more :read:

·
Registered
724 Posts
I just find it hard to beleive he's rubbing with 6" on a 4WD w/ and 8" rim. Mines 2WD with 7" and an 8" rim. No Rubbing.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
dreamrr said:
I just find it hard to beleive he's rubbing with 6" on a 4WD w/ and 8" rim. Mines 2WD with 7" and an 8" rim. No Rubbing.
ive had a 94 chevy with 6 inches and 315s on 16x8. it RUBBED.

:bs: there is no way you fit 35s on with that combo without rubbing the bottom rear corner of your fenderwell, unless you already trimmed it like you did your front bumper(which would have rubbed too if it wasnt cut)

chevys have square fenders. they suck at clearing tires

1 - 9 of 9 Posts