GMC Truck Forum banner

Am I in the Right?

2K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  lousieg55 
#1 ·
I bought a headunit from a guy off of eBay.... Read, and look; do you think I handled this effectively and efficiently enough?? I emailed this to the person just now:

I'm the one who purchase the DEH-P8500MP headunit from you on eBay. I received the package today, and there are alot of problems - please read this email in it's entirety, carefully.

As you can see in the pictures below, the box is crushed. A plastic bag is certainly not suitable packing for electronics, and because of what I see, I know you packaged this, not USPS; hence, you are responsible and liable for it's safe arrival to me, not USPS. The face plate, the remote, and the unit all appear as if they were rolled around in a clothes dryer. The front face place is scratched and knicked up on the knob, screen, and corner, possibly from being placed behind the unit during shipping. You also failed to mention in your auction on eBay about the crack in the face plate at the 'Audio' button, unless that, too, was due to the packing/shipping. When I plugged the unit up to test it out, everything appears to work, with the exception that it only ejects the CD about 2mm - I now have to take the unit to a shop and pay to have them remove my CD from it. Either you failed to mention this problem in your eBay description, or that is a product of a packing/shipping. Also, I can plainly see that the cost to ship was $12.70, and I was charged $25. Obviously, there is not $12.30 worth of packing and shipping material, and, under the guidelines of eBay, I have a case for fraudulent charging. Your description of "this is a used unit.works perfectly.no flaws,getting rid of it got a new one.happy bidding thanks for looking" does not inform the buyer of any of the above mentioned issues.

I am absolutely not happy with this transaction, but that should be understandable considering the circumstances. I am addressing this with you directly in the hopes that we can settle this between us openly, quickly, and professionally. I did not knowingly pay for a headunit that was damaged or inoperative. Please refund to me (via Paypal, using this email address) the amount of $133.40, for the $129.50 purchase and shipping price, and $3.90 for the 3% charge assessed by Paypal. If you want the headunit returned, then I will gladly ship it back to you once I have it back from the shop to remove my CD, but you must cover the packaging and shipping costs for it's return. Also, if you agree to these terms, I agree not to list any feedback, neutral or negative, against your account on eBay.

If you are not satisfied with this resolution, then I will file a claim with Paypal and eBay to have my funds returned to me. I hope we do not have to go that route, so please contact with within 24 hours from when this email is sent and let me know that we can, and will, settle this.

Thank you very much.

-Chris

See less See more
#3 ·
Absolutely you are in the right.

I guarantee, due to the shitty packaging, that would be denied an insurance claim by UPS, and presumably, USPS as well.

Used box, no styro-fill or bubble wrap, a flippin' TJ Max plastic bag is all the shock protection it had...weaksauce, IMO.

#5 ·
Absolutely you are in the right.

I guarantee, due to the shitty packaging, that would be denied an insurance claim by UPS, and presumably, USPS as well.

Used box, no styro-fill or bubble wrap, a flippin' TJ Max plastic bag is all the shock protection it had...weaksauce, IMO.

I hope so....and I hope I get my money back....

(Side note, I didn't hear Popcorn passed away!?! Shame! I actually got to drink some of his 'juice' a years back....potent, and goooooood! And, if you don't know what we're talking about, keep your comments to yourself.)

#8 ·
shitty thing is is that paypal will make you pay shipping back to him . and then if he says that you damaged it yourself it will stay in pending for ever ive been dealing with the same issue for almost a year now due to usps handling things like trash and believe me that box could have been new and then usps addedthe tape later . now the bag that was bull shit . but your best be would be to make an offer for a partial refund and save the time and trouble along with the cost of shipping . ive learned now that through paypaland ebay its generaly not good itea to buy used equipment due to loopholes in there buyer protection and ebays policyis to put iot off on paypal to save thier ass

#11 ·
Yes, file an issue with paypal right now with paypal. It's not set in stone, but it covers your back. If he doesn't do anything then escalate it to a claim. Do it as soon as you read this, no joke.

#13 ·
Well, I'm trying very hard to be patient, and I'm now done with Day 2 of waiting for a response....

Pissin' me off....:suicide2:
Honestly, why the fuck haven't you opened a claim? In the letter you even told him 24 hours to respond....Don't waste your time waiting....

#14 ·
I'm by no means a hand-writing expert nor do I imply any racism here...

But that looks like minority ghetto trash writing on the return address.

I calls it as I sees it.

#15 ·
Don't hold off I'd go ahead and do it asap..wait around too long and you'll never get your money.

#18 ·
claim it, STFU till then!

#20 ·
#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.