GMC Truck Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

· Wheel guy
796 Posts
Ya, Cory's HD is badass! I rode in that at Heatwave a little bit and the thing was sweeeet. Mike, the truck looks awesome. How did the rear spacing turn out?

· Registered
2,400 Posts
IntroWheels said:
Ya, Cory's HD is badass! I rode in that at Heatwave a little bit and the thing was sweeeet. Mike, the truck looks awesome. How did the rear spacing turn out?
Turned out great. The only problem is Rob had to use 1/4" spacers because it was too tight on the hub or something. I want to check it ut for myself though to see what he's talking about.

· Wheel guy
796 Posts
I have a feeling, and dont quote me on it, but I have a feeling that there is rust on your little hub there, and with some sandpaper to get that off, the wheel wont be "snug" anymore. That happens a lot when a car is up on jacks and just sits.

· Wheel guy
796 Posts
Uh oh, we have a 1337 h4x0r on our hands here.

· Registered
2,400 Posts
DemoN said:
looked better stock:read:

:LOL: looks good skippy...hopefully you'll get that pos drivable before i'm down in H-town next time so we can cruise. :rocking:
It's all good now.....more or less :D Give me a heads up next time.

· Registered
2,400 Posts
we just about made my goal of rolling just bout on the ground, but after spending all day yesterday trying to squeez an extra 1/4" of clearence between the front shocks we cam up a bit short. we need to figure out a way to move the shocks and the front tires won't rub when laid out. The truck rides bitchen though! The front used to feel kinda "floaty" but now it's perfect. It got it's first drag leaving the shop yesterday. The ride height is going to be set "conservatively" after bounceing off road dots yesterday.:D

· Registered
2,400 Posts
:LOL:

BTW,Bryan was right about the hub, but we still need the spacer to help with the tire and shock clearence. I've got some 2" lower control arms in the garage(i think they're 2" anyway) and i'm thinking about getting some uppers o get rid of the rub, i just won't be able to drive as low.....but i can drag and not rub tire so i can do it more offten and longer. :evil:

· Wheel guy
796 Posts
Nice nice. This thing is really coming along Mike. BTW, that little rusty hub issue baffled me at first when it happened with my truck. After some sanding, all was well.

· Registered
2,400 Posts
IntroWheels said:
Nice nice. This thing is really coming along Mike. BTW, that little rusty hub issue baffled me at first when it happened with my truck. After some sanding, all was well.
Yeah we couldn't figure out why when Rob test fit the fronts they were fine, but when he went to put the truck back to gether they weren't. It makes so much sense, but you wouldn't really think about it. I'm going to do my best to get you some good pics for the website over the weekend. :D Oh i still want the steering wheel, but right now the budget kinda got thrown off. :pow:

· Wheel guy
796 Posts
Its cool man, just let me know when youre ready. Im glad everything has worked out for you. :)

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.