• Stock

Votes: 14 14.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has already been asked here, but I thought I take a little opinion poll from you guys. The last GM truck forum I was with just loved amber DRLs, but I was never really convinced to change mine out (esp. since neither of the stock ones have burnt out yet). But recently I've seen a few rigs on the road with amber and it looks pretty sweet (kind of a Trans Am/Firebird look). Yesterday, I was really bored so I switched the park light and the DRL just to see what it would look like. What do you guys think...stock or amber?

BTW...I've already changed them once to that hyper white color (blue really) but didn't like the look and I want to keep it street legal (no red or other colors).

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Amber :read: Those 2 little bulbs make a big differance IMO.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Amber! I love the look of it but I can't find the amber bulbs that show chrome on the outside.. dunno if you know what I mean though.

Keep amber! :waytogo:

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
yoskater said:
Amber! I love the look of it but I can't find the amber bulbs that show chrome on the outside.. dunno if you know what I mean though.

Keep amber! :waytogo:
Kregan has them and are made by Sylvania

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
HumanZoom said:
I don't know if this has already been asked here, but I thought I take a little opinion poll from you guys. The last GM truck forum I was with just loved amber DRLs, but I was never really convinced to change mine out (esp. since neither of the stock ones have burnt out yet). But recently I've seen a few rigs on the road with amber and it looks pretty sweet (kind of a Trans Am/Firebird look). Yesterday, I was really bored so I switched the park light and the DRL just to see what it would look like. What do you guys think...stock or amber?

BTW...I've already changed them once to that hyper white color (blue really) but didn't like the look and I want to keep it street legal (no red or other colors).
I like them on certain color trucks. I dont like them on red trucks so I have white ones. On black I would go orange but I like the bulbs you can get from Walmart. They are a very very dark orange and stick out big time. They are made by Phillips and look awesome on black trucks.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your guy's input so far...the more and more I look at that pic, the more I want amber DRLs.

02Silverado said:
I like them on certain color trucks. I dont like them on red trucks so I have white ones. On black I would go orange but I like the bulbs you can get from Walmart. They are a very very dark orange and stick out big time. They are made by Phillips and look awesome on black trucks.
Hmm...I might have to drop by my local Wal*Mart this weekend. Sounds like something I would be interested in...thanks for the info.

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
I just changed mine not 5 min ago and trust me it makes a huge difference...they look way better than the white ones, they stand out more, and look brighter IMO. :read:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
My dads 00 silvy has them...i love them...and i think it looks really dumb havin the white ones now that ive doen it...esp since the amber blinkers are RIGHT next to the white DRLs...looks funny to me when they are both on at the same time...but it is a $5 mod that makes a BIG difference...everyone is used to seeing the white DRLs and when they see something different, they will remember it...everyone has billet, rims, etc...but almost no one wiht the NBS trucks have amber DRLs...i guarentee that i could ride down the road and see 10 different trucks with billet inserts and rims...and not find one with amber DRLs...Im not tryin to knock it, cuz it looks great too, im just tryin to say the amber DRLs are no where near as popular and change the look of the truck.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well...I'm convienced that the amber looks better.

Well, wouldn't you know that two days after I mess around with my DRLs, one of the bishes burns out :pissed: Oh well, this gave me an opportunity to get some amber ones. I went down to Wally World and picked up a pair last night. Just got them installed tonight...100% better IMO...thanks for all your input guys. I'm glad I went amber. Here is a shot...little dark, but they look nice.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I just changed mine this afternoon and they look alot better. It blends right in with the turn signals, plus its different then every other truck you see driving around w/ one white and the other burned out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was leery about using amber since one could burn out and the cell phone idiots might think you have a turn signal on. :LOL:
Then I saw them on a gold truck and they look awesome. Think I'll switch mine as soon as one of the white ones burns out (shouldn't be too long now...they have been in since last summer). :anitoof:

·
Registered
397 Posts
99GoldSilverado said:
I was leery about using amber since one could burn out and the cell phone idiots might think you have a turn signal on. :LOL:
Then I saw them on a gold truck and they look awesome. Think I'll switch mine as soon as one of the white ones burns out (shouldn't be too long now...they have been in since last summer). :anitoof:
Why wait...they're cheap. :read:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SITNLO said:
Why wait...they're cheap. :read:
:word:

They are super cheap...especially when the AutoZone guys screws up :anitoof:

I didn't like my WalMart ones (didn't match my park lights), so I returned them and I thought I would try the AutoZone ones (thinking they will match better since I have Sylvania turn signals might as well get Sylvania DRLs). I had some mini corner bulbs that were defective that I wanted to return, but I lost my receipt. He said I could only get store credit...so I'm like fine thats all I want anyway (thinking I would just get the new amber bulbs and pay the difference). The moron puts $7.99 into the computer and ends up giving me a store voucher for $3.79 plus my new amber bulbs. So I got mine for free...aren't people great?

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
HumanZoom said:
:word:

They are super cheap...especially when the AutoZone guys screws up :anitoof:

I didn't like my WalMart ones (didn't match my park lights), so I returned them and I thought I would try the AutoZone ones (thinking they will match better since I have Sylvania turn signals might as well get Sylvania DRLs). I had some mini corner bulbs that were defective that I wanted to return, but I lost my receipt. He said I could only get store credit...so I'm like fine thats all I want anyway (thinking I would just get the new amber bulbs and pay the difference). The moron puts $7.99 into the computer and ends up giving me a store voucher for $3.79 plus my new amber bulbs. So I got mine for free...aren't people great?
How did you have your DRLs on at night?

Also when I put the Phillips (wally world) ones in I change the blinker and side blinker so they all match. That is what I am going to do on my new truck.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts