GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Relentless Motorsports
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did search....
anybody have American Bass subwoofers? how do they sound? are kickers a better choice?

·
Registered
314 Posts
American Bass wow havnt heard that brand name since High School, I had a pair of them in a 240sx I had back in the day, they hit hard as hell and sounded decent. But IMO Kickers would prolly be a better choice.

·
Relentless Motorsports
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i thought
i hadnt heard of american bass. i think im going to go with kicker because of how much more popular they seem to be....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ive got 2 American Bass 12's with a American Bass amp. It is by far the best system ive owned. Ive had alot of different brands (alpine, sony, kenwood). Just my 2 cents.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
thats what i thought
i hadnt heard of american bass. i think im going to go with kicker because of how much more popular they seem to be....
Jensen is popular, but would you want to go with them? Not me, why narrow it down to just these two any certain reason? There are many subs out there that are better than both of the two mentioned and can buy for the same price\cheaper. :ninja:

·
Relentless Motorsports
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mostly becuae the subs need to be really shallow in the box im getting.... but i heard the Rockford Fosgate P3's shwallow subs sound excellent in the box....

·
Iron Block LS2
192 Posts
Im a dealer for American Bass and for the money, they are damn good. I have heard the shallow subs and man they blew me away. Plus they are cheaper then the others out there. Just my 2 cents.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
the rockfords are alrite but the dust cover ended up completely breaking on mine.. went to a local speaker repair place and guess what? guy couldnt fix it. somethin about not being able to get the part and it being made in japan. im assuming american bass is made here so thats another reason id get them

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
i hear good things about the RE Audio SL line

1 - 13 of 13 Posts