GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Heavy Chevy
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my 99 silverado ext. cab im going with all pioneer a-series door speakers....3 pairs of 6.5's, 2 pairs of 4x6's, 1 pair of 6x9's. 12 speakers total so what would be a good amp for these...idk as much about multi-channel amps and i would prefer a kicker over anything since thats whats already pushing my subs, and pioneer is my second choice and i will also consider a 2 amp set up if one aint enough. just tell me what you would recommend...im building a rack that will be going in the headliner.

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
in my 99 silverado ext. cab im going with all pioneer a-series door speakers....3 pairs of 6.5's, 2 pairs of 4x6's, 1 pair of 6x9's. 12 speakers total so what would be a good amp for these...idk as much about multi-channel amps and i would prefer a kicker over anything since thats whats already pushing my subs, and pioneer is my second choice and i will also consider a 2 amp set up if one aint enough. just tell me what you would recommend...im building a rack that will be going in the headliner.
Uhhh, why? :think:

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
thats just what i really want to do...it should come out looking real good and sounding even better if all goes well
To each his own; but I can guarantee for the money you spend on all those different speakers, plus amps to run them, you could buy one good set of comp's that would absolutely destroy that set up. Good luck trying to tune that mess, let alone get any semblance of decent imaging.

·
Heavy Chevy
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To each his own; but I can guarantee for the money you spend on all those different speakers, plus amps to run them, you could buy one good set of comp's that would absolutely destroy that set up. Good luck trying to tune that mess, let alone get any semblance of decent imaging.
i thought about comps and i know almost all are very good quality and good features but i think the reason i decided to do it this way was kinda for a shock effect u know like oooo look at all those speakers but i dont exactley remember why lol...i have seen other trucks like mine that did this and heard them and it was retarded loud even without an amp and just not as clear which is why i will get an amp....as far as the imaging ur right i know its probly gonna be impossible with the way they will be mounted so im just gonna count on the raw number of speakers and hope it sounds as good for me too...the best imaging i will get from my setup is from the 1.5" tweeters im mounting in the front pillars...but i got a friend who is great at dialing in this kind of stuff so i trust him i just need to find an amp to go with it all now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts