GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
try to help me brainstorm things to check: my amp is getting power but the subs are not (just installed). is poor ground a possibility or would that mean the amp would not be on either? dont hesitate to point out anything obvious... the speaker wire is wired correctly in parallel, the gain is up....i used a LOC but im pretty sure i did it right

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
if the amp is used...the output channels could be blown.

if everything is new then:
a poor ground would trip the protect light on or just not power the amp on at all.

check your RCA's, make sure they're connected. also make sure they plug into the "input" on the amp, not "output"

if your using a stock cd deck and a hi-to-low converter, make sure your wiring is correct.

if your using an aftermarket cd deck, and its used, it could be damaged. if its new then just check your connections.

make sure the speaker wires dont just go to the box, and nothing else, make sure theres wires inside the box. lol.

kinda naming a lot of things ive seen, if none of this helps, draw up a wiring diagram and post it up and ill look it over. also list the components u have, a lot of kids like this sony junk which usually have bad output channels, except for their high end stuff.

·
Registered
627 Posts
what wires did you tag for your LOC and where did you tag them, is a bose system or not, I'm willing to bet is is you LOC or RCA's

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if the amp is used...the output channels could be blown.

if everything is new then:
a poor ground would trip the protect light on or just not power the amp on at all.

check your RCA's, make sure they're connected. also make sure they plug into the "input" on the amp, not "output"

if your using a stock cd deck and a hi-to-low converter, make sure your wiring is correct.

if your using an aftermarket cd deck, and its used, it could be damaged. if its new then just check your connections.

make sure the speaker wires dont just go to the box, and nothing else, make sure theres wires inside the box. lol.

kinda naming a lot of things ive seen, if none of this helps, draw up a wiring diagram and post it up and ill look it over. also list the components u have, a lot of kids like this sony junk which usually have bad output channels, except for their high end stuff.

how do i check the outputs on the amp?

the protection light is not on

i tapped my LOC by: wired both + LOC wires to + stock sub wire (blue w/ black stripe) and both LOC - wires to - stock sub wire (green w/ white stripe) ... i was told these were the correct colors but possibly not?

rca's are in the input

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i hooked up another amp and it worked...so i guess that means its the sub outputs? what would that cost to fix?

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
if u can do it urself..roughly $0.30 a transistor. for someone to do it, it might cost a lot more.

p.s. what the hell is a LOC

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
if u can do it urself..roughly $0.30 a transistor. for someone to do it, it might cost a lot more.

line output converter

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

any chance i would be able to read a 'how to' and learn how to do it? or is it too complicated?

also, while im repairing audio stuff, i have 3 subs that need new rubber surroundings...are they sub specific or just any 10" rubber surrounding will do? what is involved in replacing those?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts